Help! No Loss in a while- 2 months

Laura B.
on 8/31/05 1:43 am - Sandston, VA
Help! I am having difficulty losing. I weigh myself daily. I have lost 113 pounds which is great but I still need to lose about 40 more pounds. Why when we weigh does it go up a pound or two between days. I know I do not eat that much food. Will exercise help kick in the loss again. I also do not drink water alot. I am also having trouble eating protein foods. Please give me suggestions to start the process again to lose. I do not want to stop at this time. Thansk!
tonishappy
on 8/31/05 3:46 am - Greensboro, NC
I am your surgery buddy - and I too have not lost anything in 7 weeks. I have been going up and down the same three pounds. I do really well with my protein and my water - but I don't exercise. I have started this week to see if I can jumpstart the loosing. I want to lose 9 more pounds. I would like to be between 130-132 - I have lost 145(lowest loss, it keeps bouncing from 143 to 145 lost) I weigh 141 to 143. I am 5'1" tall. I do have to say that this is the first time in 16 months that I have not any any weight loss and consider myself VERY lucky. Toni Bowen Open DS - 20 April 2004 285/141/132
Rachelq
on 8/31/05 2:05 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I try not to weigh in more than once a month. Water retention generally causes a 1-3lbs fluctuation on a daily basis. I try to go off of how my clothes are fitting me. Also, you mentioned you do not drink a lot of water. Your body needs water for many reasons, but two reasons that are very important to you. You need water to purge water. If you don't drink a lot, your body will try to hold onto it (hence, water weight gain). Also, we need water to lose weight. Excess burned fat gets 'ported' out of our bodies with water. (for lack of a more scientific way to put it). Make sure you aren't eating too many calories but also make sure you are eating enough...our bodies will hold onto calories if we're not getting enough by lowering our metabolic rate. I post my daily food intake into www.fitday.com. Its very enlightening. Also, exercise is key to a healthy lifestyle. Remember, a toned muscle burns calories at rest! Doesn't get any better than that. Also, the formula, even post op, is the same...weight loss depends on calories consumed vs. calories burned. Have you had your blood work done...how are your protiens looking. We don't process protien well and that's why we need a diet high in protien. There are a lot of products out there, what have you tried? Wishing you well, Rachel
Rae Smiles
on 8/31/05 9:49 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Laura, I too have (almost) a daily weigh-in...it keeps me VERY honest...BUT....weighing everyday is a bit different than periodic weigh-ins...your weight WILL hardly ever be the same each day...you must allow a few pound variance each day...are you retaining fluid? is it that time of the month? etc, etc, etc....these all play a part in your daily weight.... Since my surgery, I have my daily weigh in....first it was to see how much I had lost...now I am maintaining and want to be sure that I can nip any weight gain at the few pound mark, rather than 10 or even 100 lbs...you know the feeling I am sure... anyway, no words of wisdom on continuing the weight loss, but please do NOT get discouraged from being up/down a few pounds. Last weekend I was on my feet 3 days in a role, on concrete....I have lupus and have joint problems...I about fell off the scale when I was up 8 lbs...well, my joints were swollen and hot....it took me about a 30 seconds to realize NO I had not gained 8 lbs of fat overnight....8 lbs of fluid YES. Once I got off my feet, the weight disappeared over about 3-4 days....now I am back down to my "normal" weight. Best wishes, RAE
Dedicated
on 9/4/05 1:24 pm - Eleva, WI
Ok. Reality check. I have not lost in wayyyyy more than two months! I too have 40 ponds to go. I have gone to fruits and veggies and protein shakes. I just can't seem to get this kicked into gear. I know its because I snack and on the wrong things and that I don't exercise enough. Perhaps some type of chart to keep myself accountable....posted on the frig...... hmmmmm
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views