i need help

Angela R.
on 8/25/05 11:53 pm - Baltimore, MD
Well, I havent lost much of anything in 8 months. I know its my own fault. Carbs and sweets. But!!! I am ready to get back on the wagon and really work at this. I have only lost less than 75lbs since my surgery. I dont want to be a failure and thats what I am. Please, if anyone can help me with a cracked down diet, to get me back on the ball. I just had 4oz of leftover pot roast for breakfast. and I will try not to drink for an hour. I am determined not to have carbs or sugary things today. I need prayers too! I have a weak willpower right now. I need a meal plan for a day as an example....thanks so much!
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/05 6:48 am - South of Boston, MA
Angela- I also haven't lost in many, many months, but... I, too have issues with carbing myself. I know I have ceased my weight loss for so long because I've been eating enough calories to maintain my current weight, it's just that simple calories = calories, no matter what you eat. Anyways, my suggestion, should you choose to accept it: Journal, journal, journal. Write down every morsel of food that passes your lips. www.fitday.com is a good resource for doing this, although pen and paper work, too. Figure out how many calories you need, do a search on a Online Calorie Calculator - to find out how many calories to eat. Then, eat those calories and write them down. Eat several small meals, my goal is 6 x's 200 cals a day. That is 1200 calories, and that is how much I should eat to lose weight at my current weight. It's that simple. Now, does it work? YES, if you don't cheat and "forget" the grazing "bites, tastes, and licks" like I do. Beth 313/14something/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com
DianneW
on 8/26/05 8:29 am - Louisville, KY
Does anyone have the link for the site that helped you calculate how much protien you need to eat after a gastric bypass. I think it was a man who had had a bypass who had the site. I can't quite remember. Thanks. Dianne
lacmike
on 8/26/05 11:46 am - York, PA
DianneW
on 8/26/05 11:08 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks Lori
Rachelq
on 8/26/05 11:57 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi! First off here's a ((((hug)))) I know its tough. I stopped losing 'easily' at about 8 months. Second, don't sell yourself short...75lbs is nothing to put the word 'only' in front of. That is a lot and you've done a lot for your health. As far as the food demons...I'm praying for ya. A food plan definitley helps. I write out a food plan at the beginning of every week and grocery shop accordingly. I also log food into fitday. 1 week out of the month I through it all away and eat whatever I want...PMS. So basically I eat 4-6 meals a day. 24oz water. bfast - protien bar (or eggs or beans,cheese,corn tortilla) Herb tea Snack - String cheese (or jerky, or yogurt with peanuts..etc) sometimes I add low fat cornchips 24 oz water or propel Lunch - Chicken (or beef or salmon- the pouch type) and fruit 24oz water or propel Dinner - Chicken (fish, shrimp, beef...etc.) usually over a spinach or other leafy green salad or bakes asparagus, brocolli, etc... Herb tea That's kind of it. If I'm hungry I add another snack in. I avoid the 'low carb' snack cuz they are full of empty calories. Then one week out of the month, I eat what ever I want...sometimes that includes candy. I work out a lot to compensate though. I'm also more lax on the weekends (but no sweets unless I'm PMSing.) As far as work outs. I'm a fitness trainer. So I have it easy as far as making sure I get my workouts in. MWF curcuit training. T/th/Sat...run Sun...tennis or biking (but not always). You can do it. You've made the first step...now keep going! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views