Congrats Everyone!

kristylynn999
on 8/21/05 5:19 am - New Castle, PA
I am so proud of everyone. It sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. It kinda bumms me out to see everyone hitting their goal. I was 487 lbs. last 4/1 when I had my surgery. I seem to have got stuck at 202 lbs. Can't quite figure out what I'm going wrong not to be still losing. I'm drinking my water and getting my protein. If anyone has any advise on how to get down to my 160 goal, please pass it along! Again, I'm sooooooo proud of all of you! Kristy
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/05 10:49 am - South of Boston, MA
Dayum, girl, that's a lot of weight! WOW! That's amazing! -Beth
Rachelq
on 8/22/05 2:46 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Kristy, Wow!!! You've done an amazing job! I hope you are proud of yourself. Don't let hitting a goal push aside all you've accomplished thus far. I checked your profile...it doesn't have your bmi or how tall you are. How did you come up with your goal? I hit my goals, since surgery, mostly because my expectations were pretty low. I'd failed at so many diets. So my goal was to get rid of my co-morbidities (which I accomplished by 4 months out) and then to get at least one pound into the 'normal' weight range for my height (also reached at about 1 year). Now mind you, that was 145 which is about 15lbs - 20lbs heavier than i was 10-15 years ago. But, i'm older and have excess skin issues and have had to babies...so I'll take it Anyway, losing, since about 8 months out, has been a battle. I log my food and exercise into www.fitday.com to keep myself in check. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get too many calories in (or not enough calories to fuel your body...which then makes your metabolism slow down). You also don't mention anything about exercise. I work out 6 times a week (3/circuit training days and 3 running days...then sometime tennis or bike ride on the seventh day). I find its a lot easier to maintain my weight with this exercise routine. I can eat a lot more (I like to eat). Wishing you well, Rachel
DianneW
on 8/23/05 5:19 am - Louisville, KY
It sounds like you've done wonderfully. Don't be so hard on yourself. Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out