B/R approved - now what?

janiej
on 8/19/05 5:16 am - Independence, IA
Well, I finally made goal!!! yeh!!! and also just found out my breast reduction was approved by the insurance company. I started out as a 42DD and am now a 36DDD. I'm getting a reduction/lift. Has anybody had this or can give me any good advice??? I'm a single mom of a 10 y/o son (I know he will help out)!!! I'm scared now!!!! Janie
Sue B
on 8/19/05 5:51 am - WI
YEAHHHHHH Good for you to have gotten it approved! My Breast lift & Arm lift were NOT covered by insurance so I was slef pay. You will be so greatful for the reduction/lift (I know I am) although I miss the "volume" I do not miss the sag & bag I had. I was a 40DD when I had the lift & am now a 36B. Sue 320/140
janiej
on 8/19/05 6:53 am - Independence, IA
Can you tell me what it was like. How long did/do you have to wear a sports bra. I think my dr. said like 6 mo. He did say I won't go home with drains though -- which is a good thing. Also so exercising for 6 weeks -- which is going to kill me as I'm used to going every am. Is it painful or more uncomfortable? And for how long? Did you have any problems sleeping? Since I'm alone with my son, I plan on getting through this quickly!!! If you're far enough out, can you really go without a bra in a sweatshirt and be okay with it? I've always wanted to be able to do that on occasion!!! And wear cute pjs and nighties that my girls actually fit into!! I'd like my outcome to be a C, but it's been so long since I was there I still have no idea what that will look like. I'm 5'5 and 148 lbs now. Size 10-12 on bottom, but Large on top. Like a said wear a 36 DDD bra. I came through my WLS great so am hoping this will be a piece of cake. Thanks. Janie (Oh, so excited!!!)
Sue B
on 8/19/05 1:42 pm - WI
It was a piece of cake for me! No real pain, just discomfort. I never had drains. I was uncomfortable for almost a month (but it was more my arms then my chest). I am a tummy sleeper, so it was real hard for me. I ended up wedging a pillow on my side so I could sleep at a 45 angle. At 4 months out I do not need a bra I used a sports bra for the 1st 2 months - then I was cleared for a bra & underwire (although I really do not need the underwire). a lot of times I just wear a cami type top under my clothing - especially at home. YES I can go braless & it looks/feels fine. I am 5'4" and am an 8/10 on the bottom now - I wish my girls were bigger - but I can always get implants after I have children if I want to. If you want to view my Pic's log onto www.picturetrail.com - the password is : transformation ... they haven't been updated in about a month - but not much has changed. Good Luck!! Sue
Donna Paige
on 8/20/05 7:43 am - Pottstown, PA
Way to go Janie. I'm now between a 34DDD and a 36DDD. I go for my plastic consult on september 1 to see if I can get approval. I have a friend who was the same size as me and you and she is now a 32B and loves it. I just wonder if I will miss the girl. I've always had them. I went from a 50DDD. I just hate the sag.
janiej
on 8/23/05 2:35 am - Independence, IA
I think my training bras were a "C" cup. I'm wondering what size I'll really be after the surgery. Anything without the sag will be good. I think I'd like to be a "C" but if I'm a "B" I'll deal with that too. It will be a big change for me -- but it will be so nice to not have them just hanging around!! LOL Janie
DianneW
on 8/23/05 5:14 am - Louisville, KY
Congratulations. I would love to have a breast/arm lift, but no time or money right now. A tummy tuck and butt/thigh lift would be nice too. Oh well. Dianne 340/144 - still loosing
Marie_B.
on 8/25/05 4:13 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Hi Janie: I had a B/R and a Panni. on 7/13/05. My surgery turned out a bit different than planned (breast cancer was found) , so in two weeks, I will undergo yet another breast surgery - double mastectomy . I was a 50DD prior to WLS and was a 38DD prior to B/R. I asked for a C cup, and ended up with a small C. My nipples are still very tender . I started wearing a sports bra about two weeks out. I had drains for 1 week, stitches out after 2 weeks. I was NOT pleased with the area on the sides of my breasts. As I kidded the Plas. Surgeon, I wanted a smaller bust, not 4 small boobs ! He ended off the reduction half way around towards my armpit, thus leaving me with what appears to be a smaller boob just under each armpit ! This will be taken care of during the reconstruction surgery at the end of the year when I have the flap procedure done (rather than the implants). If you want to know more, feel free to visit my profile and emailing me. Marie 20 left to goal.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views