Wedding Dress Fits again!!

askaggs1
on 7/27/05 4:28 pm - Cunningham, KY
Well today I finally did it... I pulled out my wedding gown from 7 years ago (size16) I bought it to wear and we ended up just going to the courthouse, so I never got the "fairytale". I have alsways wanted us to renew our vows, but I haven't even been close to fitting back into my gown, UNTIL NOW!! I had my dress preserved after we eloped at the courthouse, so it would stay in good condition, and today I pulled it out, and I tried it on. And guess what... it fit, and was even a little big in some places!!!!! My best friend was with me to help me get in and out of it, and she said if you keep loosing you won't be able to fit into it!!! I never thought of that, but I don't forsee that happening. But if it did, there is such a thing as alterations!! 312/181/155
Sue B
on 7/27/05 11:28 pm - WI
Doesn't it feel great?!?! Check out my profile & see what my wedding dress looks like now - and it was only 2 years ago!!! I went from a sz 24 dress to a 6/8 (I have been trying on bridesmaid dresses) .... SUCH A GREAT FEELING!! Keep up the good work Sue 320/149
askaggs1
on 7/28/05 1:02 am - Cunningham, KY
Sue, OMG!! You look so beautiful!!!! You remind me of a movie star!! And I seen your profile, and your before and after pics, and you were beautiful before surgery, but now you look like YOU feel beautiful. The pic of you and your dress was awsome! I can just emagine the joy you felt. At my biggest I was a tight 28, and now I can wear a 16, hoping for a 12 or 14 but would love a 10 (someday). You are gorgeous, and congrats on the acheivements!!
lacmike
on 7/27/05 11:30 pm - York, PA
Amanda, When I got engaged 18 years ago, I went wedding gown shopping, I weighed about 155-165 lbs (Might I add I was probably three or four months pregnant at the time of sizing) and found a beautiful yet simple gown, I was sized and a 12 fit almost perfectly. We actually put the wedding off because after I had my daughter I weighed 204 lbs and I wanted to loose the weight so I could wear this gown, but I never got to wear it. I gained so much weight that I hit 236 lbs and the dress I wanted could not be bought in a size 22 which is what I then needed. Of course this is the beginning of my weightloss struggle. I had to choose a gown I did not like that that was too tight in the arms and too big in the abdomen and be miserable because I wore a girdle too. Two years later I was divorced and swore to myself I would never get married again unless I could wear a size 10 wedding dress. I wore a 12 pregnant, so I wanted to be one size smaller. I did not want my bridesmaids again looking better than the bride. Well now I wear a size 6. My friends are saying I guess you will get married now. I just say nope, not unless I can wear a size 10 wedding dress. Lori Beginning weight 258 Goal weight 148 Current weight 141
askaggs1
on 7/28/05 1:05 am - Cunningham, KY
I understand!! I was 4 months preg. when I bought my dress!! You keep up the great work and you'll be in a size 4, and wither away on us!! You look great, congrats! And happy dress shopping (when the time comes)!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/05 11:40 am - South of Boston, MA
I don't have my dress to try on - but I have EVIDENCE of what I DID look like in my dress in 1999. It was a size 28+! Go to my blog, and click on the Flickr link. EGADS! -Beth http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Rachelq
on 7/29/05 7:54 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Yahoo! I know how you feel. I just tried my on about 3 weeks ago. Its snug but I could zip it up with my hubby's help. I don't have a current pic with me in it, but I think I have an old wedding pic in my www at the bottom of the post. We were so excited after I tried it on (the box it was in also had some of my old lingerie...so we had a fashion show from days gone by...he loved it!) Thanks for sharing
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views