hubby said i am too skinny now!

Donna R
on 7/25/05 10:50 am - Paducah, KY
I can't believe he said this! but I had him take my picture so I could post it here and he said when I smiled my neck was way too thin! I told him I was sorry but I could not help where I lost the weight. I also reminded him that I have had a rough time in the last few months. in March I had a hernia fixed and about a month later ended up spending 5 days in the hospital with a MRSA infection. the surgeon placed a Port in my chest so I could so home infusions twice a day for 6 weeks. Then... the day after the fourth of july I got really sick and was taken to the ER by ambulance. this time it seems the Port may have been infected!!! spent 4 days in the hospital... So I explained to him these little sick times were rough on me and my body is still recovering. I have had many people at church, the sister included, tell me that if I keep losing I will just disapear! I am 150 pounds and at my goal, docs goal was 170, but the medical weight for a person my height (5'8) is 141. i will look like Olive Oil if i lose anymore. Is there anyway to gain weight in my neck? maybe once i am totally recovered from my illnesses and the weather finally cools down I can start to walk again. not sure what else to do. Thanks, I did post my at goal picture in my profile if anyone wants to see it, Donna 277/150 goal
lacmike
on 7/25/05 11:36 am - York, PA
Donna, I think you look fine. I hear the same things from my family. You look anorexic, stop loosing weight. Like you I too am 5'8 and have hit my ideal weight, in fact I weigh 141 lbs. I looked at my face the other day and pretty much said if some of the fat left in my thighs could move toward my face, I would be happy because I kind of do look a little emaciated in the face. I am not trying to loose any more weight, but God I would love to see 135. I am trying to maintain and think I am doing a pretty good job. Someone told me when the weightloss slows down and catches up you do start to fill out other places. I guess we will have to see. Keep doing what you are and like I told my doctor, if I did not loose one more lb I would be fine but I do not want to gain a lb ether. Lori
lacmike
on 7/25/05 11:36 am - York, PA
Donna, I think you look fine. I hear the same things from my family. You look anorexic, stop loosing weight. Like you I too am 5'8 and have hit my ideal weight, in fact I weigh 141 lbs. I looked at my face the other day and pretty much said if some of the fat left in my thighs could move toward my face, I would be happy because I kind of do look a little emaciated in the face. I am not trying to loose any more weight, but God I would love to see 135. I am trying to maintain and think I am doing a pretty good job. Someone told me when the weightloss slows down and catches up you do start to fill out other places. I guess we will have to see. Keep doing what you are and like I told my doctor, if I did not loose one more lb I would be fine but I do not want to gain a lb ether. Lori
Donna R
on 7/25/05 11:55 pm - Paducah, KY
thanks Lori!
askaggs1
on 7/25/05 3:06 pm - Cunningham, KY
OMG!!! Donna, I would not have recognized you!!! You look so great, I'm so happy for you!! I think you hit the nail on the head explaining to your DH that your body is still recovering, it has been through so much, just give it time, you will get to a certain number and stay there!! Congrats on the goal!!
Donna R
on 7/25/05 11:56 pm - Paducah, KY
Amanda! thanks, i think he will eventually get used to the new me, Donna
Dedicated
on 7/25/05 11:22 pm - Eleva, WI
I think you look beautiful!
Donna R
on 7/25/05 11:59 pm - Paducah, KY
wow thanks! Donna
DianneW
on 7/26/05 2:51 am - Louisville, KY
You look fantastic! I feel like my face looks a little thin and wrinkled and I would love to have some fat injected into it.....oh well. Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/05 12:14 pm - South of Boston, MA
I think it's just an epidemic. I've got people telling me left and right that my husband and I are anorexic. Pul-eeze! You look marvelous. Tell him to stuff it. -Beth http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ Battle of the blogs continues...
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views