Please state Status as of today

Donna Paige
on 7/13/05 2:57 am - Pottstown, PA
Hello everyone! I just want to pose a question to everyone. Maybe before I ask the question I should say my reason for the question. Today I'm currently bouncing around on the scales and have been for probably the last 3 months or so. Give or take about 8lbs at any given time. It's very frustrating. Plus the fact that somedays I can really eat. However, I've been having nausea and some pain. Have no clue what this can be. I crave food in big time way. So my questions are 1. Are you bouncing around on the scales? 5-8lbs 2. Are you currently losing weight? and if you anwsered yes, What is the average lb loss at this point. Not in a while. I had lost 3lbs but have since bounced back from 161lbs to 165lbs. 3. This is just a fun question... What are your current clothing sizes? Currently wear a size 12 pants and Medium top, some smalls in tshirts, Barely able to wear blouses due to my 36DDD boobs that won't go away no matter how much I lose. I accidently forgot the other day and put on a pair of my size 11 underwear and they fell off. LOL 4. Are you craving? Do you give into the cravings? I have major cravings and can't seem to stop myself 5. What is your best defense against cravings, plateaus and bouncing of the scales? At this point my defense is broken and I feel I'm losing the battle. 6. Have you reached your goal? Still have to lose another 20-25lbs just to reach my Dr.'s goal another 30-35lbs to reach mine. 7. Do you still feel fat? YESSS!!!!!!!!! I amstill a plus size women. Perhaps reducing my breast will help make me feel smaller but for now I just feel FAT. Hope you guys are having a great summer so far. It's hot as hades outside but for some odd reason I'm always freezing to death. 339/164 as of today.
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/05 5:38 am - South of Boston, MA
1. Are you bouncing around on the scales? Does that answer your question? Yes, I've gone from my lowest of 140 up over 150 and back to 148-149 where I hover CONSTANTLY. 2. Are you currently losing weight? and if you anwsered yes, What is the average lb loss at this point. Nope. I am "trying" though. I'd like to get past this hump of 148-149 and ultimately down to my medically correct weight for height. 3. This is just a fun question... What are your current clothing sizes? HA! Bra - 34 nearly A (yes, seriously) Shirt, S/M but must have longer short sleeves or 3/4 length sleeves due to skin or upper arms. Pants, 8/10. 4. Are you craving? Do you give into the cravings? Yes, constantly. I give in to about 1/4 of them, otherwise I'd be the size of a house again already. 5. What is your best defense against cravings, plateaus and bouncing of the scales? Not allowing trigger foods in my HOUSE. That doesn't mean I don't fight with myself and my family every single day over the simplest foods (who knew I could "binge" on rice cakes?!) 6. Have you reached your goal? No, I've missed my "goal" date, and having a hell of a time getting there. 7. Do you still feel fat? Yes, and I forget that I really am not so big anymore. Beth http:// meltingmama.blogspot. com/
Luann S.
on 7/13/05 5:40 am - Green Bay, WI
Donna. Great Post. I too feel the same way as you do, so your not alone. Here are my responses. 1. Are you bouncing around on the scales? Yes. Day of TT weight was 154, lowest was 145 a few weeks after. But currently I'm back up to 155.5 as of this morning. I weigh myself everyday so I can keep track of my fluctuations. I go up and down between 5-8lbs too. 2. Are you currently losing weight? No. 3. This is just a fun question... What are your current clothing sizes? I have jeans/pants from the Gap that are a size 6 which I fit into comfortably. But, my sizes range from 6-10. I have a pair of shorts that are a size 10!!!! Tops are Small to medium. Depends on the type of top. I am currently a size 34-36 C to D bra. 4. Are you craving? Yes. Cheese Its YUM... Do you give into the cravings? Sometimes. But, I try and stay on track if I know the day I weighed myself I am higher. 5. What is your best defense against cravings, plateaus and bouncing of the scales? Today, I started the "Plateua buster" Am overloading the water and sticking to strickly protein today. As a matter of fact, it's reduced my hunger and I've only eaten 6 oz all day. 6. Have you reached your goal? No. My goal is 135. That's 20lbs I need to lose, even though everyone tells me I look good. Maybe, because they are used to seeing me at 254 7. Do you still feel fat? today I do. But normally NO I feel thin and sexy. It's hot here too in Green Bay, WI but I love it too...... I'm cold all the time and am enjoying this weather. Take care
Rachelq
on 7/13/05 9:27 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Donna! 1. Are you bouncing around on the scales? Yes, I weigh in more often now just to keep an eye on things. I go from 140-144 and back down, up, down, up 2. Are you currently losing weight? and if you anwsered yes, What is the average lb loss at this point. I haven't lost weight since the end of may (other than my bouncy pounds). But I'd like to get to the 130's just to say I was there 3. This is just a fun question... What are your current clothing sizes? Currently wear a size 8 pants and Large top, my bra size has finally gone down a bit to 36D. 4. Are you craving? Do you give into the cravings? I have had cravings since day one. I give into the cravings if I'm pmsing or otherwise I'd just keeping eating. 5. What is your best defense against cravings, plateaus and bouncing of the scales? EXERCISE!!!!! I have a great work out routine right now. Training for marathons keeps me quite fit. And now I work for a local gym as a fitness trainer (were they encourage me to workout while working) so I do weights 3x's a week...not to mention biking and tennis on the weekends. Also, though I get hungry, I'm not crazy hungry like I used to be, so I can work around my cravings (some of the time) just by destracting myself with something else. it also helps to have my eating plan pasted to the fridge...then I can't pretent I don't realize I'm off track. 6. Have you reached your goal? I reached my goal 4 months after WLS. I got rid of all my co-morbids then. The rest of this is just for fun! However, weight wise my docs goal was 155, mine was 145 (cuz it puts me in the normal range). I have exceeded goal. 7. Do you still feel fat? Nope, I feel fit. I certainly don't fit what the world calls thin. But I couldn't be happier with were I am right now!
sloane
on 7/13/05 9:54 am - New Albany, OH
1. Are you bouncing around on the scales? I go between 144 - 150 but mostly stay within 2 lbs. of 144. 2.Are you currently losing weight? and if you anwsered yes, What is the average lb loss at this point. No. I'm at goal. But it I go up three lbs I go on South Beach phase 1 and it comes right off. 3. This is just a fun question... What are your current clothing sizes? I wear a size 4 or 6 bottom. But usually an 8 top (sometimes 10) b/c my boobs are big for my body. Even though they've gone from a DD to a barely C??? 4. Are you craving? Do you give into the cravings? I have cravings all the time. They are totally emotionally based. B/c I don't even really like the foods I crave - like SF cookies or crackers. I give in about 50% of the time. I'm trying to do better with that. 5. What is your best defense against cravings, plateaus and bouncing of the scales? First, exercise. I hate it but I do it. When I do, I can eat whatever I want. Second, The three day solution - book. If you're an emotional eater, I can't suggest anything better. It's about getting out the emotional eating cycle. I'm really trying to use it. Third, I don't keep anything I can cheat too badly with in my house. If I'm going to cheat I have to buy it. If I buy it, I only eat a bite of it and throw it away. For example, if I go get SF milano cookies (I still can't eat any sugar), I get two out of the bag and throw the bag away in the grocery store parking lot trash can. It's not ideal but I have to give myself credit it's way better than before. I wouldn't have eaten a bag of cookies ++++. 6. Have you reached your goal? Yes, my goals were 144 lbs., size 6, all co-morbities gone and no medication for diabetes. Met them all. Then, set another - run a 1/2 marathon. Met that one too. 7. Do you still feel fat? I don't think I feel fat - like I used to. But I think I'm fat b/c it's so engrained into my brain. I still think people that are bigger than me are "tiny" I still check to see if I'm the heaviest person in the room when I walk in. I'm still surprised by myself in pictures. I still wake up and run into the mirror to make sure I didn't dream the weight loss or gain it overnight. Thanks for posting this. It's great to read others and theaputic to post. Tandi 246/144
Dawn C.
on 7/13/05 10:00 am - Pittsburgh, PA
1. Are you bouncing around on the scales? no 2. Are you currently losing weight? and if you anwsered yes, What is the average lb loss at this point. Yes, 1/2 - 1 lb a week 3. What are your current clothing sizes? 14/16 pants, depends on brand Large top 4. Are you craving? Do you give into the cravings? YES!!! Sometimes I give in. I battle the demons daily. 5. What is your best defense against cravings, plateaus and bouncing of the scales? I chew gum, chug water, get up from my desk and walk around my department. 6. Have you reached your goal? No, still have 27-32 lbs to go 7. Do you still feel fat? Yes, I am not sure I will ever feel thin. I still see myself as the chubbiest girl in the room. I think it takes a long time to get your head straight. At least for me. Dawn 296before surgery/287day of/187today/155-160 goal
Larakatya
on 7/13/05 1:00 pm - Twin Cities, MN
1. Are you bouncing around on the scales? Yep - my new fun is I can magically gain 6 lbs in the middle of the day, and lose it in my sleep at night. . .every night for the past 3 days. . . But Yes, I lose and gain 3-8 lbs. 2. Are you currently losing weight? and if you anwsered yes, What is the average lb loss at this point. I'm at goal, 100% loss. I'm not losing any more. 3. This is just a fun question... What are your current clothing sizes? I wear 10/12 pants depending on the brand or 32 34s in mens. I wear medium tops - but I tend to buy extra small for running tops to make sure they're nice and extra tight to suck in the skin. I have no tits left, and wear a size 14 top because of my large ribcage. 4. Are you craving? Do you give into the cravings? MAJOR cravings. I don't touch sugar. I indulge my salt cravings. . .perhaps that solves the mystery of the magical water retention. 5. What is your best defense against cravings, plateaus and bouncing of the scales? I run and tell myself that I'm normal, human and allowed to have my weirdness provided I don't eat real sugar, keep my exercise/activity level up, hydrate and get in my vitamins. 6. Have you reached your goal? Yes 7. Do you still feel fat? Yes. . .but I think once I get the skin gone that will go away. Love to all, ~Lara
Sue B
on 7/13/05 1:27 pm - WI
1. Are you bouncing around on the scales? NOPE ~ Still losing or holding steady (please don't hate me!) 2. Are you currently losing weight? and if yes, What is the average lb loss? I am averaging a loss of 2-4# a month right now ... so about .5 to 1# a week 3.What are your current clothing sizes? Okay - I am in a 12 jean, 10 pant, M top, 36C bra (I think I am a B ~ but according to "Vicky's Secrets" I am a C) 4. Are you craving? Do you give into the cravings? YES, I am craving SUGAR of all things! 5. What is your best defense against cravings, plateaus and bouncing of the scales? Cravings - I just give into them ... I take 1-2 bites & then throw it away or give it to my husband to eat ... I figure if I eat it I can't want it. Plateaus - I eat more, I find when I don't lose it is because I am not eating Self-Esteem - I keep a photo journal & I like to look back to where I was so I don't feel so bad where I am at. 6. Have you reached your goal? YES - YES - YES!! I PASSED my goal of 180# ... then the goal of a size 14/16 ... SO YES - I am happy right where I am. 7. Do you still feel fat? YES - in my MIND I am fat, but I LOVE to look at myself now because I am in AWE that it is me staring back ... in my head - if there were no mirriors I would think I was 320# again XOXO Sue 320/152
tonishappy
on 7/13/05 11:40 pm - Greensboro, NC
1. Are you bouncing around on the scales? No - but I only weigh once a week. Only on Tuesdays. 2. Are you currently losing weight? and if you anwsered yes, What is the average lb loss at this point. Yes, still losing about 1/2 pound a week. everyother week about 1-2 pounds. Slowed to about 4 pounds a month for the last 2 months. 3. This is just a fun question... What are your current clothing sizes? 8-10 - S - M & L (junior's dept) I am still thick in the middle. 4. Are you craving? Do you give into the cravings? SUGAR - really having a hard time fighting this!!! 5. What is your best defense against cravings, plateaus and bouncing of the scales? I am not doing so well with cravings - I give in is small doses and then throw the rest away! 6. Have you reached your goal? Still have to lose 18 to reach my goal. I have passed the Dr's goal although he as moved it once. First was 150 then he said 140's. I want to be 125 - but would be very pleased with the middle 130's. I'm only 5'1". 7. Do you still feel fat? Yes, because of the excess skin in my stomach! I too am always always always COLD!!!! Toni Bowen Open DS - 20 April 2004 285/143/125 One pound to go and I will have lost more then i Weigh!!!
Just Janice
on 7/14/05 11:35 pm - Houston, TX
OK...here we go... 1. Are you bouncing around on the scales? Yep...I bounce about 5 lbs at any given time...The scale taunts me, ya know...It is Satan incarnate... 2. Are you currently losing weight? and if you anwsered yes, What is the average lb loss at this point. Well, if you discount the bouncing, I loose about 2 lbs a month or so...Get down to an all time low, then bounce from there. 3. This is just a fun question... What are your current clothing sizes? Currently wear a size 8 jeans. I only have 2 pairs of denim capris right now, so I don't know if pants are any different. I wear smalls and mediums in tops. I wear a 34-36 B , depending on the bra, but have to wear "enhancers" to even fill those puppies out. I went from a 9W shoe to a 7 1/2-8...weird....Ring size 10 to a 5 1/2. 4. Are you craving? Do you give into the cravings? I crave cheese and grapes..constantly...and those little sourdough pretzel bites...the NY Rye ones or Mustard and Onion..yeah, baby..mmmmmm 5. What is your best defense against cravings, plateaus and bouncing of the scales? I have a little bit, not a lot (OK, so sometimes I shoot everything out of the water....). I am currently trying to get on the wagon...hell..I am running to try and CATCH the wagon... 6. Have you reached your goal? I have met the MDs goal, depending on what day you talk to me. I still want to be at about 130, as I am only 5'3" (almost ). 7. Do you still feel fat? YESSS!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views