row call

askaggs1
on 7/6/05 2:32 pm - Cunningham, KY
Starting weight-312 Current weight-182 Goal weight- 150 I'm 5'7, and I would love to get to 140, but everyone tells me I'd look too thin at that size. I too have come to a slow crawl on the weight loss, although I have to admit I could be exercising a lot more than I do. I've been in a size 16 for a while now, I'm ready to see a 14!
Larakatya
on 7/6/05 11:20 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Preop High: 400+ Surgery Weight: 355 Lowest Seen Weight: 186 Current Weight and Goal Weight: 190 I'm 6'3" tall - so I'm a "heavyweight" even though I'm in size 10/12. I exercise 30 minutes every day - just walking. I do vigorous exercise at least 2 times a week - more often 3-5. I run, bike, powershop, have relations (hey, every workout counts!), hike, powerwalk, or other. (Move my girlfriend seems to be my most frequent recent workout! - 3 flights of stairs in the dog days of summer anyone?) I don't think I'm losing another lb until I start training hardcore for my 10 mile run in October. . .yes I know I'm getting started on that now. . . - 3 miles tonight). I lost in fits and starts the whole way down. 3 weeks nothing, 1 week WOAH LOSS! 3 weeks nothing, 1 week CRAZY LOSING - the whole ride down. Now I'm riding the maintain train. Don't really care if I lose another lb. For me it's all about adjusting my diet to my activity level. On days I don't work out my body analyst says I get 1800 calories (I have a high metabolism). On days I do work out I get 2400 calories. (Yum!) I throw up 2-3 times a week. . .with the occasional week off for good behavior. It's not that predictable other than - eating too fast, not chewing enough, overfill or too high of a fat content all seem to set me off. I blame myself when it happens, but since it's mostly just the foamy/gloppy jellyfish looking stuff I don't worry too much about it. I get in my water and my vitamins daily. I want plastics in December - circumferential body lift and hooter install. (Full Bs are the dream). Wish all the best, ~Lara
Sue B
on 7/6/05 11:24 pm - WI
Surgery weight - 320 lbs Current weight- 155 lbs Goal weight- ??? 1st goal was 180 ... passed that & wanted 160 ... passed that so I guess if I had to set another # I would say 150 5'4" ... size 12 pant & Medium top ~ WOOHOO Sue 320/155
SakuraKat ..
on 7/7/05 3:45 am - APO, AE
Surgery weight - 350 Current weight - 173 goal weight - 125 Height 5'4" I've lost half of myself so far. Weight loss has slowed down and seems to come off in spurts around the time I have my period each month. I only had one month I didn't lose anything at all and the rest have been a steady loss. I use FitDay to track my weight. I also use it to track the food I eat and my measurments. I still get icky feeling if I eat too much, but I can eat most anything. I'll have to get in Photoshop and do a before/after piccy like many of you have. I've not had a support group at all during this time. I'm an American living overseas and had the surgery in Germany. They took great care of me except for after I left. I was pretty much given no real instructions other than look on the internet. So I've felt my way along all this time. Do y'all keep in touch regularly here and have you gotten to know each other pretty well? It would be nice to have a support group.
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/05 9:21 am - South of Boston, MA
Hi! Things have gotten pretty quiet 'round here, but we do keep in touch. I'd actually like to gather everybodies email addresses to set up a mailing list for future updates... etc... since this board is so sloooow.... -Beth aka meltingmama.blogspot.com/
ruthdebra
on 7/7/05 4:55 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Eternity - I think that you can still get rid of more if you want to. Change what you are doing for exercise and stick to the rules and it will go. pre-op weigh 253 surgeon's goal 150 my goal 126 current weight 119 still only 5'1" size 26 - 4/6 Ruth
janiej
on 7/7/05 6:06 am - Independence, IA
Hey all! Surgery weight - 272 Current weight - 165 Ultimate goal - 145 I've maintained the same weight forever now (at least since December). I started in a snug 24 and easily wear 12's. If I don't look at any numbers, I'm actually pretty happy with my size. I maintain the same weight range 164-168 most of the time. I can eat almost anything and dairy is about the only thing that can give me a real tummy ache. I'm working out 4-5 mornings a week - about an hour of cardio and then weights too. I was also doing 45 min of water aerobics 3 x a week. I've really come to like sweating it out so to speak. Probably because I get way too chilled in the a/c anymore. I have a p/s consult next week to see about getting the "girls" shortened!! I've always wanted a reduction and have basically not lost anything in that area. Hoping to get insurance to pay for that and will also check into a tt (although my money tree is empty at the moment)!! That can be a goal for the future. My only wish is that the newbies would listen better to us about sticking to the rules and also telling them their losses will come to a screeching halt way sooner than they really want it to!!!! We have experience!!! Janie
Dawn C.
on 7/7/05 9:27 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Pre-surgery 297 Surgery 287 Current 187 Goal 160-165 or size 12 Weight bounced around for about 4 months between a few lbs. At my 1 yr appt my dr. told me to eat more. I have been working with a dietician and have lost 5 more lbs this last month. I highly recommend talking to your surgeon's office and see if they work with a dietician to help if you have stalled. I wasn't eating enough and what I was eating the fat was too high. Everyone is different so they can help customize a plan. She told me at 18 month they would revisit my eating. I try very hard to input into fitday every day. Doesn't always happen, but that is really the only way I stay accountable for what I put in my mouth. I am now in a size 14 or 16 pants and a large top. My huge trouble spot is my stomach. I love all the energy I have and actually miss exercise when I don't get to do my usual routine. Never thought I would say that! I feel better at 38 than I did in my 20's. It's just amazing to me. This surgery has really given me a new lease on life! I do know that I will always struggle with food and this is a lifetime battle but I am ready to fight and win! Dawn
Eternity
on 7/7/05 11:32 pm - Bridgeport, CT
I'm so happy to see all of you! You ladies look GREAT! I do think that I could do better with the eating. I just can't believe how fast the time flew. If I could get these last 8-10 lbs off in the next 3 months, I would be happy. Well let me not be ungreatfull, I'm totally happy weighing 208. I feel like a different person. I can't believe I carried around almost 120 lbs of extra weight all that time. Well I'm going to set a goal of loosing 10 lbs in the next three months. I don't think that's too unrealistic. Any body out their want to track their weight loose with me for the next three months? Let me know. Post on the board. I know we can do anything we put our minds to!
Rachelq
on 7/11/05 12:52 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Eternity. I'm late chiming in, but its great to hear from you. Surgery weight - 239 Goal - To be healthy...and I am...yahoo! Weight goal - 145 Current weight - 140 I dump on occassion still, but dumping for me is just getting crazy tired. I almost never throw up. Just have to stay away from bread, pastas and milk. Keep us posted. Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views