It's been a while!

Rondaslosinit
on 7/5/05 2:55 am - Richardson, TX
Hi everyone! Remember me? I haven't been online here in months. I've missed "talking" to y'all! I think I stayed on track better when I had some accountability. Anyway, My computer crashed in March and OH lost 1/2 my profile and then I became very anemic and had no energy so I just lost touch. My B-12 AND iron were very low and I didn't even go to the gym for about 2 months. Back on track now. All supplemented up and back at the gym. However, I haven't lost any weight since February. I'm at 190 and holding. It's my own fault. I discovered that I don't really dump on sweets (my weakness) so I've been struggling with willpower. Now that I'm working out again though I'm finding a little more motivation. I bought myself a decent bicycle and have been going on 10 miles rides with my family. What fun. I never could've done that before! My family is loving it! I'm still sooooo grateful for this surgery! I've certainly learned a lot throughout this past year or so. Like - we no longer have the luxury of ignoring our bodies. We can not afford to stop paying attention to our nutrition. Being grown up isn't always easy, is it? Anyway, I'm reading all of your profiles and catching up then I'll update mine. It's good to be back! Ronda
Larakatya
on 7/5/05 4:54 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hi Rhonda! Good to see you again. My profile is stripped down to the bare bones, by my choice (I was getting strange "fan mail" and it gave me the wiggins!) But I'm doing well. I have also bought a nice bike and LOVE riding it (not near enough but I'm working on it). Scary stuff on the anemia and what not! Glad you are feeling much better now. When I get low on B12 I get lethargic and crabby. (I forgot to take my shot for 5 days and MAN did I feel it!) In any case, glad to see you around again. Huggles, ~Lara (you're friend at 190)
DianneW
on 7/5/05 8:17 am - Louisville, KY
Hi Rhonda, Glad you are feeling better, it's great to hear from you. Dianne
Rondaslosinit
on 7/6/05 8:58 am - Richardson, TX
Thanks Diane! How's Louisville working out for you? I hope you have managed to find your niche and some new friends to boot! Ronda 4/7/04 297/190/170
Rondaslosinit
on 7/6/05 8:56 am - Richardson, TX
Thanks Lara, Yes, B12 IS our friend, isn't it? Sorry about your weird "fan mail" experience. I don't blame you for paring down. I've found a sublingual B12 tablet from Bariatric advantage that actually works as well as the shots! It's good to be back. You look fabulous dahling! Your 190 probably looks a lot better than mine. If I remember right, you are quite tall. That always helps. But, you know, even though I would like to lose more, I'd be OK if I didn't. This weight is soooo much better than what I started with! Ronda
Dawn C.
on 7/5/05 10:00 am - Pittsburgh, PA
As you can see from the minimal postings that you aren't the only one that has been MIA. Glad you got everything straightened out with your anemia. You are right that we have to always pay attention to our nutrition and exercise. I was at a stand still for so long then my doc said she didn't think I was eating enough. Imagine that! So I sent my fitday logs to the dietician for 2 weeks and she gave me suggestions. I lost 5 lbs. in a month. Which is huge for me since I had only lost 6 lbs the previous 6 months. However, over this weekend I am not too sure how things will end up. I was away and at 2 picnics. I know I grazed too much. I did an 8 min. pilates routine and walked about a mile but that is alot less than usual. So tomorrow it's back to work and back to my regular exercise routine. I have an appt. with the dietician tomorrow afternoon for a follow up. Hopefully the scale will be kind. I guarantee I will be eating light tomorrow! Glad to see some of the "regulars" back. We need to keep in touch to help keep each other in line! Dawn
Rondaslosinit
on 7/6/05 9:03 am - Richardson, TX
Amen and Amen! I agree with everything you said! Back when I was last regular on this board, Beth was doing a "what did you eat today" post that helped me to be accountable in a "semi-public" forum. I don't suppose we have enough regulars now to do that though. Anyway, maybe I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the warm reception. Ronda
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/05 11:55 am - South of Boston, MA
Hey there Ronda! I made the prediction a few months back that the board would die a slow horrible death after we all hit one year out. It's just the way of the boards. But, we do need to keep in touch... it's a great way to stay accountable... and supported. I'm glad you are okay, and you're not alone - I've not lost anything for months and months and months. Beth http:// meltingmama.blogspot DOT com/
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views