annoying dry lips

livistarr
on 6/29/05 9:54 am - Warren, OH
Does anyone know why I have the most annoying dry lips? They have been very dry and peeling since winter. I thought it was the weather, but it's 90 degrees now and I can't use that! I have tried every mix, potion and cure from Rite Aid to Saks Fifth Avenue. I've never had this problem before and I don't know if it's from something from the surgery or just environmental. Thanx for any input! Olivia Simpson
lacmike
on 6/29/05 11:38 am - York, PA
Olivia, My lips get very dry if I do not drink enough water. Did you try good old fashion olive oil. Don't laugh my brother uses on his feet and it really softens them up. Lori
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/05 12:43 pm - South of Boston, MA
Olivia, Last week I had some really bad dry lips, I bought a few different kinds of "stuff" to help, nothing seemed to work.. and then I looked up dry lips, and it can be a symptom of dehydration & anemia! Dehydration is obvious, but anemia? Drink up. Beth http://(meltingmama.blogspot.com) visit me- say hello!!
Sue B
on 6/30/05 9:48 am - WI
When I asked my Dr. about this same thing he said it was most likely 1 of 2 things with me .... Dehydration or Protein Defiency (did I spell that right?) So he told me once again to make sure I was getting at least 60 - 80g of protien & at least 60 oz of water ... since then they have gotten better. I also started using some Mary Kay lip balm & Clinique "Super Gloss" ... so those could have helped too. I used to sell MK & still get the discounts if you are wanting to try some I can get it at cost - just let me know ... GOOD LUCK with this - it is SO annoying! Sue 320/155
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views