MRSA/port/antibiotics done!!!

Donna R
on 6/27/05 5:39 am - Paducah, KY
Finally, yesterday was the last day for the Vancomycin antibiotic through my port in my chest. the home health care nurse came by today to remove the needle and although the actual port is still inside my chest, I can now take a bath without worring about getting the site wet. its been a long 6 weeks and I am happy it is over, my blood was drawn and sent to the lab to make sure the MRSA is all gone, the doctor wants to wait to remove the port for a bit to make sure there is no chance of the infection flairing up again. At least the removal of the port will be the easiest surgery ever!! and recovery should be a breeze!!!! Donna R 277/155
Larakatya
on 6/27/05 11:55 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Glad to read that you're in the pink! I'm hoping that you will be fully recovered here soon. Wishing you the best, ~Lara
DianneW
on 6/28/05 3:30 am - Louisville, KY
Glad to hear that's over and you are all better. Dianne
askaggs1
on 6/29/05 12:55 am - Cunningham, KY
Hello my surgery buddy!!!! I'm soo glad you are feeling better, I know you can't wait till Doc gets those test results back, but for now I know it's a relief to have that thing out!! So you have DH light some scented candles and draw you a hot bubbly bath and go for a nice relaxing soak!!! you deserve it!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views