update on my mom!

thin_tyme
on 6/24/05 3:51 am - WY
We just got back from meeting with the Dr. who performed my mom's biopsy. It does show cancer, non-small celllung carninoma. He would like my mom to proceed with a PET scan to determine the stage of the cancer. He believes it is stage 3a or 3b. I asked my mom to leave so that I could talk with the Dr. and she did. I asked the question...How long? 1-1.5 years even with treatement. I don't know what she will decide. She is adamant about not having chemo or radiation. At this point we have it staged and then talk with an oncologist. Depending on stage they could perfom this new kind of radiation/chemo that shrinks the tumor so tha surgery can then be performed . This is all I know right now, tough. I am angry and sad and don't know how to handle this best for my mom and for myself. My children range in the age of 12-16. Not sure what if anything to tell them. Well so long for now and hugs and prayers to all. p.s. and my scale is being naughty to me.. Mechelle
Dawn C.
on 6/25/05 2:54 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Mechelle, I replied yesterday but my computer froze up or something and apparently my message is in cyberspace somewhere. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that my prayers are with you and your Mom. I know it's a tough road but she had got to fight it and you have to support her in her decisions. I know how hard it is to stand by and feel helpless. My mother died of colon/liver cancer when she was 47 ( I was 22). I really don't know what else to say but to keep the faith and be there for her. Good luck {{{{Hugs and prayers}}} Dawn
DianneW
on 6/26/05 3:23 am - Louisville, KY
Mechelle, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. Dianne
Larakatya
on 6/27/05 11:53 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hugs and prayers and love for you and your family. I'm so sorry you're going through this. ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views