Some prayers please!

thin_tyme
on 6/20/05 8:59 am - WY
My mom has had this cough for several weeks and it just didn't sound right. She and her husband just marked it off as "allergies" Any way I kept on her and she made an appointment. Today we have found out that my 57 year old mother has lung cancer. That is all we know until a biopsy is performed. I have researched lung cancer today on the web and was not encouraged even if the cancer is in an early stage(I don't think that it is because the x-ray showed a large mass, I don't know what the CT showed. Any way I would like your prayers for my mother and my family. Please pray for my strength and support for my mother. Love Mechelle
lacmike
on 6/20/05 9:14 am - York, PA
Mechelle, My prayers are definitely with you! I went through the same thing two years ago when my dad was diagnosed with cancer. My daddy had spots on his lungs and fortunately they were masses he was born with, it was not until they went further down and into his stomach and really found his cancer. I heart bleeds for you! (HUGS) Lori
thin_tyme
on 6/21/05 2:46 am - WY
Hi Lori, Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. My mom has her biopsy tomorrow and I don't know how long it takes to get results back yet. We are all trying to think positive about this. I don't know the outcome of your dad Lori but I hope that all is well. If things are not well I hope that you and your family are doing well with everything. Thank you again Mechelle
Amy Y.
on 6/20/05 10:56 am - Augusta, GA
Oh no, Mechelle. I'm so sorry! This post really caught my attention because my own mother (who will be 65 in September) was diagnosed with lung cancer in 1991 at age 51, and had the lower lobe of her right lung removed. I know every case is different, but I hope my mother's can bring you SOME form of encouragement: She has been cancer-free now for over 13 years! Please know that you, your mother, and your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated! ((HUGS)) Amy Young, OH Staff
thin_tyme
on 6/21/05 2:53 am - WY
Hi Amy, Thank you for the encouraging post. Wow what a wonderful miracle for your mom. What Iread on the internet was that even with surgery the prognosis is only about 5 years, wow your mom has been cancer free for over 13 years, haleluja (sp). I may be contacting you with questions if you don't mind. My mom has said that if she is needing chemo she won't take it, and as far as surgery she doesn't think she will do that either because she doesn't want to be laid up in a hospital. She just thought she would let nature take it's course. Of course we don't have all the information yet until after the biopsy, but I am hoping that if the Dr. tells her that there is hope for her with surgery she will listen to him. Her husband is a little negative about her options and I think that he is the one that is saying it is better to let nature take it's course. He's gone through this before so of course he knows it all (I say this with sarcasm). Anyway thank you for your thoughts and prayers too and I will certainly keep everyone updated. I will certainly need the support and I will be coming here to get it., Thank you Mechelle
Larakatya
on 6/20/05 12:46 pm - Twin Cities, MN
You have my prayers! ~Lara
DianneW
on 6/20/05 11:36 pm - Louisville, KY
My prayers are with you and your family. Dianne
thin_tyme
on 6/21/05 2:55 am - WY
Thank you to you too Dianne, I sure appreciate everyone's support. Mechelle
thin_tyme
on 6/21/05 2:54 am - WY
Thank you Lara. Mechelle
Mike G.
on 6/30/05 10:33 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 04/28/04 with
Praying is something I do pretty well. I'd be happy to. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views