Hey gang - how is everyone faring lately?

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/05 10:23 pm - South of Boston, MA
Just checking in - how are you all doing? _____________________________________________________________ Weight-wise... I'm hanging in there - still trying shake off the last of the weight, of course, my body has been stuck at the same weight give or take 5-9 lbs for months & months. I've been doing better with the food lately, and exercise, but the weight is not changing. Other stuff... I'm halfway through real estate classes, I've got four left, and then I'll take the state exam and become a licensed realtor. I am unsure that I'll use the license right away, because I still need to be at home for school vacations, and early morning/afternoon/evenings. What I'd need is a part-time job within a brokers' office just learning the trade. I am officially starting a job search *today* online, since I need to be decided about working or babysitting before school begins in September. I still babysit currently, but I have this feeling that it will need to come to an end over the summer, because I'm sort of transitioning away from that part of my life, since my youngest will be in preschool. She's been in a preschool camp program for a couple of weeks, just sort of a trial run for September, and the toddler I babysit is miserable without her here... can't win! My husband is going away on his first "business" trip on Tuesday, and he'll be gone for about 10 days (I think...) He's never been gone longer than a day or two since we moved in together years ago. . . so this will be interesting. -Beth http:// (meltingmama. blogspot. com)
Dedicated
on 6/14/05 11:33 pm - Eleva, WI
I've hit a wall. I finally am accepting it. I gained back about three pounds and am now at about 193. Sucks. My problem? A few weeks ago I suddenly starting having pretty bad panic/anxiety attacks. I've had them here or there in the past, like maybe 1 or 2 a year, now its almost daily. I'm pretty stressed at my job. I switched meds and am seeing a counselor, so I hope I can get this under control pretty quickly. So, while trying to decide if I was having a nervous breakdown or what, I've gone back to my old friend. Its been the only way to feel better, thats what spurred me to head to the doctor and see a shrink. I still have a long way to go in the weight loss area, but need to focus on just not eating the crap and for the wrong reasons. That will help immensely. I am going to go back to planning my menus, pre-measuring my food, etc. It may also help me gain a sense of control and help with the anxiety. Man this is scary. Anyway, I am struggling, but at least I know why now! Highest: nearly 300 Surgery Day: 274 Today: 193
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/05 12:17 am - South of Boston, MA
How brave of you to get help, though! Good luck - and I know it won't be long before I'm going to get a counselor, too. I need to do something before the food-demon moves in permanently. Beth http:// ( meltingmama.blogspot. com/ )
DianneW
on 6/15/05 6:22 am - Louisville, KY
I've suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for years, I've been on prozac and ativan for over 10 years and they are under pretty good control, but got a little bad when I moved to Kentucky. I hope they get it worked out for you. Weight wise I'm doing good. I've lost 3 pounds this month. I'm down to 155. The dr. said I wouldn't loose much more so I don't expect I will. I need to get my but in gear and exercise. Dianne 340/155
Rachelq
on 6/16/05 1:05 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
From a fellow panic attacker! Good for you for getting the help you need. I've been very fortunate to get mine under control with deep breathing exercises and meditation. I still get them from time to time, but its not a daily, dibilitating thing for me anymore. Couldn't have done it with out help. Also, sure you've gained a few lbs and that's scary for you I'm sure, especially when you don't feel in control. But I find it really helps to focus on the positives to get myself out of these situations. Look at how much you've lost! Be proud of your accomplishments! Good luck to you, Rachel
DianneW
on 6/15/05 6:20 am - Louisville, KY
Beth, Good luck with the real estate thing, that sounds exciting. Dianne
Rachelq
on 6/15/05 12:31 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hey Beth, sounds like there are big changes coming your way. I wish you well in all of your endeavors. Its never easy making these kind of life changing decisions, but it sounds exciting! I've locked myself in my office right now because I'm totally pmsing and I don't feel like being a mom at the moment. Just yelled at my little guy for nothing. Poor thing...but I'm too pissed to say sorry at the moment...so here I type. I'm going on vacation Friday till the end of the month, then I start a new job, and we are in the process of adding a second story so the pms and stress is piled on...can't wait till saturday when I'm in vacation mode. Got my running shoes packed! Take care, Rachel
DianneW
on 6/15/05 9:58 pm - Louisville, KY
Rachel, have a great time on your vacation! Dianne
Rachelq
on 6/16/05 12:59 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Awww...thanks Dianne! Hugs, Rachel
thin_tyme
on 6/16/05 5:36 am - WY
Well, I'm tired that's how I am. I have no energy. I went to the Dr. the other day to talk about my HRT, told her I was having problems with Libido, not being patient, just kind of *itchy. She ran some tests on my testosterone. My results came back as a 9. I guess normal range is 8.6-90, whatever that means. I still think that my results were pretty darn low, what .4 from being actually low so she would prescribe some testosterone. Of course she won't prescribe anything for me because my 9 is still in the normal range (but crap I feel crappy0 Then I'm stressing about measuring my food, I ate 4 ounces (weighed on the food scale)of pot roast last night. I guess I should of had only 2 to 2.5 ounces of the roast and then maybe 1.5 ounces of the veggies. I was never stressed about weighing my food before. I don't feel like I get a lot of support from my surgeon, ( I was the first of his only two WLS patients) However I am doing well with my water, but have not excercised in the past month. I feel bad about that, but I am tired. I have been lifting weights for my arms though. Beth good luck with your endeavors, I wish you the best of luck. Mechelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views