Do you measure your food by weight or volume?

thin_tyme
on 6/9/05 2:03 pm - WY
I have all along measured by weight. My Dr. was never specific and I just assumed it was by weight. If you do measure by either one how much do you measure for each meal. I am at about 3.5-3.7 ounces of food by weight. Just curious. Mechelle
Larakatya
on 6/10/05 6:55 am - Twin Cities, MN
I don't weigh my food. I eyeball it. Only when I'm misbehaving and can't be trusted to I revert back to the measuring cups. ~Lara
thin_tyme
on 6/10/05 11:58 pm - WY
I am not good enough to eye ball my food. I eiher under measure or over measure. So you use measuring cups..Could you give me an example please I'd appreciate it. I am just needing some affirmation. Thanks Mechelle
Larakatya
on 6/14/05 1:50 am - Twin Cities, MN
The kind that you measure dry measures with. . .or for liquids, I use liquid measures. ~Lara
lacmike
on 6/12/05 8:55 am - York, PA
Reading your post I must be eating like a pig. I used to weigh my meat at 3 ounces, then I tablespoon of what ever else we had. I pretty much stick with that, I will look at my fist and only eat a piece the size of that. I know I easily ate a 4 ounce crabcake the other day and about 1/3 of a salad. I think I am eating no more than 5 ounces per meal. Lori Starting weight 258 Personal goal weight 148 Current weight 144 Ultimate weight 140
thin_tyme
on 6/12/05 12:00 pm - WY
Hey Lori I too probably have eaten about 5 ounces. That is usually when I am some where and not able to weigh my food. I guess I worry more about long term-has my pouch stretched because I weigh by weight and not volume (fluid ounces) I'll just keep doing what I am doing. Well I guess we must be doing ok, look at our results so far. You have made your personal goal weight, that is so awesome. I am still 8 pounds away from my personal goal weight and 18 from my ultimate. Mechelle 283/148/140(really want 130)
Cheetah
on 6/22/05 10:29 am - Virginia, VA
Ive never measured or counted calories. Shelia 240/120
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out