Progress Poll

Donna Paige
on 6/9/05 2:56 am - Pottstown, PA
Just a neat poll to see how we are progressing so far. Wishing everyone a wonderful HOT sun shiny day! Height: 5' 2" Highest Weight- 350lbs Day of Surgery Weight: 320lbs Six Month Weight: 225lbs One Year Weight: 184lbs give or take 3 lbs Weight Right now: 164-168lbs depending on which day I weight Best Health Habit that you have acquired since surgery? I DO look at labels and content of food and I'm starting to walk more The Worst Habit that you still possess even after surgery that you know you shouldn't? DIET COKE , Yes, I fess up! I drink the carbonated bad beverages. During your 1st six months did you? A. Follow instructions and do everything or for the most part everything that your physician instructed. B. Occasionally eat something that wasn't that good for you C. Cheat like a fend all the time My Anwser: Occasionally I would put something bad in my mouth during the 1st six months During the 1st year did you? A. Follow instructions and do everything or for the most part everything that your physician instructed. B. Occasionally eat something that wasn't that good for you C. Cheat like a fend all the time My Anwser: Definitely C, because I do cheat with the sugar and eat way too many carbs and drink too much diet coke. Do you feel that these habits have slowed down your progress? Absolutely but I must say that I've been drinking diet coke since the first 3 months after my surgery. Do you exercise on a regular basis (meaning at least 3 times a week)? No I wish I could pick up the good habits but my old habits refuse to die. Have you had plastic surgery as of yet? Not yet but I'm really looking forward to it. Did you lose more weight after the surgery? N/A as I have not crossed that bridge yet Did you lose in clothing size after the surgery? Again N/A as I haven't contacted the PS yet What is your worst issue regarding excess skin? The weight and tug of it on my back and legs and also the major pinching my rearend gets just sitting down. When do you feel it appropriate (lbs loss or % loss) to contact the plastic surgery? My phsyician says 75% of excess weight but I would like to have off 90% of the weight What's the most positive thing to come out of having this surgery for you? Gaining back my freedom of movement What's the most negative thing that has resulted from having this surgery for you? The excess skin but it would never change my decision On a scale from 1-10 How would you rate your use of your new TOOL? Around a 5 as I know I could have done better by following docs orders but I still am quite please with the entire outcome.
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/05 5:58 am - South of Boston, MA
Height: 5' 5" Highest Weight- 320+ lbs Day of Surgery Weight: 298 lbs. Six Month Weight: ? One Year Weight: 149 lbs Weight Right now: 147 lbs Best Health Habit that you have acquired since surgery? Family eating habits The Worst Habit that you still possess even after surgery that you know you shouldn't? Refined sugars in the form of naughty foods as snacks, grazing... During your 1st six months did you? A. Follow instructions and do everything or for the most part everything that your physician instructed. During the 1st year did you? B. Occasionally eat something that wasn't that good for you & cheated a lot in the end... Do you feel that these habits have slowed down your progress? YES YES YES YES YES YES.... it's my own fault. Do you exercise on a regular basis (meaning at least 3 times a week)? I try to walk at least a regular paced walk everyday, some days a fast paced walk... depending on how many kids are with me... Have you had plastic surgery as of yet? No, sadly. What is your worst issue regarding excess skin? EVERYTHING. I look like a deformity. When do you feel it appropriate (lbs loss or % loss) to contact the plastic surgery? 90% - which is where I am. What's the most positive thing to come out of having this surgery for you? Health, confidence, energy... etc etc etc.... What's the most negative thing that has resulted from having this surgery for you? Excess skin, emotional issues... On a scale from 1-10 How would you rate your use of your new TOOL? RIGHT NOW, TODAY?! -1. Talk to the Pop Tart, okay? Having a rough day. Beth http://meltingmama.blogspot.com
Donna Paige
on 6/9/05 9:11 am - Pottstown, PA
I just ate an entire snicker bar after having a nutritious salad for dinner. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Hope your pop tart was good cause my snicker bar was fabulous. And I wonder why I can't seem to lose anymore weight.... I'm my own worse enemy here. Its just a little too easy to revert back to my depression eating habits. BTW, I hope you feel better Beth. We all have those days. I'm just having way too many of them lately.
Sissy N
on 6/9/05 12:32 pm - Hesperia, CA
Donna, I'm with you - I have been shooting myself in the foot, stomach, back you name it. I do well with the protein and then something will trigger those old emotional habits and TWIX is somehow gone....and I've eaten it I've gained...yes gained 15 pounds in the last 3 months. I am terrified I am going to gain it all back. Each day, I say I am going back on the wagon again....to fall off Dealing with a lot of DEPRESSION!!! Taking it day by day in hopes that I will get back on track. Sissy To Depressed/Scared to Weigh
Larakatya
on 6/10/05 2:56 am - Twin Cities, MN
BIG HUGS for Sissy!!!!!! Every moment is a new dawn - you can start over every minute if you need to. I hope the sun starts shining for you this minute. ~Lara
Larakatya
on 6/10/05 2:53 am - Twin Cities, MN
Height: 6' 3" Highest Weight- 400+lbs Day of Surgery Weight: 355lbs Six Month Weight: I'd have to look it up One Year Weight: 186 Weight Right now: 190-192 Best Health Habit that you have acquired since surgery? Walking every day, Daily vitamins The Worst Habit that you still possess even after surgery that you know you shouldn't? I still try and eat when I'm upset. I get my comeuppance, and its not an extreme amount, in fact very tiny, and I get spank'd like a puppy During your 1st six months did you? A. Follow instructions and do everything or for the most part everything that your physician instructed. B. Occasionally eat something that wasn't that good for you C. Cheat like a fiend all the time My Anwser: A During the 1st year did you? A. Follow instructions and do everything or for the most part everything that your physician instructed. B. Occasionally eat something that wasn't that good for you C. Cheat like a fiend all the time My Anwser: B - sometimes I pu**** and can get away with it (onion rings? MMMMmmmm) but I keep the sugar at bay most of the time. But I can get uppity about SF candy and eat 200 calories of it and pretend that it's totally fine. . . Do you feel that these habits have slowed down your progress? No, but they led to a bounce - or at least helped a bounce happen. I've got it back in check now Do you exercise on a regular basis (meaning at least 3 times a week)? Yes I do, 30 minutes walking EVERY DAY, and I run or bike or go power walking, or powershopping, or whatever every coupla days. Have you had plastic surgery as of yet? Not yet, got my first denial letter Did you lose more weight after the surgery? N/A Did you lose in clothing size after the surgery? N/A What is your worst issue regarding excess skin? Infections in my butt crack (you asked. . . .) The weight and tug when I'm running can sometimes bring me to tears. When do you feel it appropriate (lbs loss or % loss) to contact the plastic surgery? I've got 100% loss. . .so now, but I'm waiting until I've maintained 6 months. What's the most positive thing to come out of having this surgery for you? I don't even know where to begin! SO MANY THINGS! What's the most negative thing that has resulted from having this surgery for you? Nothing truly negative. More than a couple of tough days, but I'm doing alright overall. On a scale from 1-10 How would you rate your use of your new TOOL? I would say I'm a 8.9 or a 9 - I work it pretty dilligently but NO one is perfect. Huggles, ~Lara
Kim T.
on 6/10/05 8:06 am - Dracut, MA
Height: 5' Highest Weight- 286 Day of Surgery Weight: 262 Six Month Weight: not sure One Year Weight: 164 Weight Right now: 155 Best Health Habit that you have acquired since surgery? NO fast food The Worst Habit that you still possess even after surgery that you know you shouldn't? i still snack more than i'd like to, even if they are pretty healthy snacks. During your 1st six months did you? A. Follow instructions and do everything or for the most part everything that your physician instructed. B. Occasionally eat something that wasn't that good for you C. Cheat like a fend all the time My Anwser: B During the 1st year did you? A. Follow instructions and do everything or for the most part everything that your physician instructed. B. Occasionally eat something that wasn't that good for you C. Cheat like a fend all the time My Anwser: B i dont dump so it's veryyyyyyyyyy tempting Do you feel that these habits have slowed down your progress? Absolutely but i've been going to the gym to counteract all the snacking Do you exercise on a regular basis (meaning at least 3 times a week)? yes, but started this about 4 months ago, should have started sooner! Have you had plastic surgery as of yet? Not yet but I'm really looking forward to it. Did you lose more weight after the surgery? N/A Did you lose in clothing size after the surgery? N/A What is your worst issue regarding excess skin? my inner thighs and my stomach, i look so good w/ clothes on that it seems even worse when i "let it all hang out" When do you feel it appropriate (lbs loss or % loss) to contact the plastic surgery? 6 months of a stable weight What's the most positive thing to come out of having this surgery for you? self esteem What's the most negative thing that has resulted from having this surgery for you? i sometimes feel like people who talk to me now never would have before surgery On a scale from 1-10 How would you rate your use of your new TOOL? 7
Donna Paige
on 6/10/05 9:12 am - Pottstown, PA
It's very interesting reading these polls 'cause it gives you an insite into what others are really facing and that I am not alone when it comes to struggling with the snacking fits. I have not done as well on following rules etc...as probably the majority of you and now I'm really struggling. And... I keep wondering why I am having such a difficult time losing the weight now. Somehow that 30lbs that I need to get off doesn't seem as unreachable so that candybar is not gonna hurt but for a moment. That's the kinda of thinking that got me to 339lbs. It's not the tool that isn't working it's the Donna that keeps cheating and doing all the bad things. I knew it was gonna be tough but I had no clue just how tough it was gonna get. I don't know why I thought that the Bypass was gonna give me the freedom to eat anything and everything that I wanted. I need to STOP the insanity of ME! We can have our stomachs pretty much removed but that doesn't take away the desire to push and get just one more bite of food in. I am really struggling here. Sorry if I sound a little neady for help but I have to admit I'm terrified that again I will fail. I lost 180lbs 6 years ago and managed to gain it plus 20 lbs. I see my old habits setting up again. I'll stop the whinning for now, just needed to express myself and thankfully I feel safe here on the April Board. Hope you are all having a healthy and productive day. TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rachelq
on 6/11/05 1:30 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi donna, coming in late on this, but I thought I'd answer! Height: 5'4" Highest Weight- 239 Day of Surgery Weight: 239 Six Month Weight: Cant remember, but its on my profile One Year Weight: 146 Weight Right now: 140 (just one pound from the century club) Best Health Habit that you have acquired since surgery? Dare i say I am athletic The Worst Habit that you still possess even after surgery that you know you shouldn't? Still tend of over stuff my self when I'm eating emotionally. During your 1st six months did you? A. Follow instructions and do everything or for the most part everything that your physician instructed. B. Occasionally eat something that wasn't that good for you C. Cheat like a fend all the time My Anwser: B. During the 1st year did you? A. Follow instructions and do everything or for the most part everything that your physician instructed. B. Occasionally eat something that wasn't that good for you C. Cheat like a fend all the time I would have to say A. My surgeons recommends you start living life and just do everything in moderation. Do you feel that these habits have slowed down your progress? Not really. Its a life style I can maintain, so what if I don't lose fast. Do you exercise on a regular basis (meaning at least 3 times a week)? I exercise 5 times a week. Have you had plastic surgery as of yet? No, but would love a breast reduction/lift. I am a big chicken though. Did you lose more weight after the surgery? N/A as I have not crossed that bridge yet Did you lose in clothing size after the surgery? Again N/A as I haven't contacted the PS yet What is your worst issue regarding excess skin? I've been very lucky with skin issues. My stomach looks like a wrinkled paper bag, so no bikinis, but I can live with it. When do you feel it appropriate (lbs loss or % loss) to contact the plastic surgery? From what I understand, your weight should be stable for 6 months before surgery. What's the most positive thing to come out of having this surgery for you? I strong marriage What's the most negative thing that has resulted from having this surgery for you? Not a lot of negative here...my hair looks crazy now that its grown back...but hey, its just hair. On a scale from 1-10 How would you rate your use of your new TOOL? Assuming 10 is the highest, I would say 8. Its been a long road, but I truly feel I've learned to make the most of it.
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 6/12/05 12:06 pm - Los Angeles, CA
5'4 Highest 225 Lowest 118 Current 125 Weight loss: 100% Worst habit: Not drinking enough, not eating enough protein. Most positive.. a new life.. Negative.. Losing my man... Plastics.. all done. breast lift, tummy tuck, and arm lift. This is the best thing I ever did for myself.........
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views