My health update

Pegtrala
on 6/6/05 11:55 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi everyone. I think this is going to be my last entry for awhile because I have some serious health issues going on. When I saw my gastroenterologist last Tuesday, May 31st, she recommended that I have the rest of my stomach, all 1/10 of it, removed. That would leave me with NO stomach, but rather a small pouch made from two loops in my small intestines. I am getting second and third opinions this week...one from an oncologist my doctor recommended, and one from a surgeon at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. I go there on Friday. If there are no new procedures to alleviate the risk of this condition I have turning cancerous again, then I will opt for the surgery. It will mean a whole new way of doing things....many health issues to deal with, but hopefully, no more risk of cancer unless there are some cancer cells that are lying dormant somewhere. If I have this surgery, I will for sure lose weight because there just will not be enough room to hold much food, and it really won't absorb as well because there will be no stomach acid to break down the food. I will have to rely on the small intestines to do the work, but at least I will be alive! So, that being said, I am going to move ahead and get on with my life. I wish all of you well, and I hope and pray that you will all be successful with your weight loss and maintenance. Take care, and God bless us all. Peg
Donna Paige
on 6/6/05 10:49 pm - Pottstown, PA
Peg, I send you many prayers to help you on your journey. We are always here to support you in anyway that you need. God will get you through this. Best Regards! Donna
Larakatya
on 6/7/05 12:15 am - Twin Cities, MN
You've got my prayers and my best wishes. Drop by and let us know how you're doing if you get a chance, ~Lara
DianneW
on 6/7/05 7:52 am - Louisville, KY
You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Dianne
Kim T.
on 6/7/05 8:01 am - Dracut, MA
Peg first i want to wish you the best of luck.. thoughts and prayers will be with you... but 2nd i wanted to let you know you are a great inspiration for all of us on this board and i hope you realize how much you'll be missed here. You are one tough cookie that all of us slackers certainly have learned alot from. i understand your need to do what is best for YOU and i applaud that, but please realize you will be missed... will be thinking of you... god bless
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views