gained 2 pounds

DianneW
on 6/6/05 2:43 am - Louisville, KY
I've been eating like a pig and gained 2 pounds. It's back to being serious and uping the protien. I was in Cincinnati for my nieces graduation which was fun, but to much bad food. I have an appointment with a plastic surgeon on 7/5 for consult on boob/arm lift - 1st of many proceedures to come. I don't know why, I probablly won't have enough sick time till February but want to find out how much I'll need and start saving , maybe plan the date and let them know at work. I don't know if the surgeon would even schedule that far out. I have terrible pain under my arm and between my shoulder blades, from my saggy boobs, despite being fitted with a really good bra. I would like a reduction/lift. The tummy tuck will be 2nd and the leg thing last. That sounds horrible. Dianne 340/158
Rae Smiles
on 6/6/05 3:08 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Dianne, I was reading your post and realized that BEFORE wls, I wouldn't even have noticed 2 lb....and wouldn't even have been upset about 2 lbs...now I monitor my weight...as you obviously are doing....and I am quick to get back on track...gosh, I am going to work hard to keep it so for the rest of my life. What about you? I never weighed myself or at least hardly ever....and when I did I had usually gained 10 lbs or MORE.... I too have a plastic surg. app't scheduled, Sept 30th....I want to make an app't with a different surgeon so I can compare.... Today is a new day....hopefully I can walk off that ice cream cone I had over the week-end....but go**** tasted GOOD!!! RAE
DianneW
on 6/7/05 7:45 am - Louisville, KY
You are totally right, 2 pounds would have been nothing in the past. I didn't even own a scale before this surgery, and avoided them at all cost. Thanks. Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/05 12:40 pm - South of Boston, MA
Dianne- I can pee two pounds. No, really, don't stress. Give yourself a 5 lb. window... less stress that way. I know many folks give themselves a bigger window, 5-15 lbs flex... FTR - I gained NINE! Good luck with your consult! Beth http://meltingmama.blogspot.com
DianneW
on 6/7/05 7:47 am - Louisville, KY
You crack me up. I do need to give myself flexibility, but not too much. I guess it's a balancing act. Thanks. Dianne
Donna Paige
on 6/6/05 10:52 pm - Pottstown, PA
Hello Dianne, You are doing fabulous so don't beat yourself up over 2lbs. I fluctuate more than that on any given day. I know exactly what you mean about the saggy breasts. I look forward to having a reduction. This hanging skin is darn near as bad on the back as the excess weight was. My back has a harder time dealing with the pulling on it now than before. I am still between 164-168lbs so I still have another 15-20lbs to go before I consider my tummy tuck. I want as much off as possible before I do it. You keep up the good work! Donna
DianneW
on 6/7/05 7:48 am - Louisville, KY
When I talked to the woman on the phone she said the lift does some reduction automatically so I may not need a reduction. We'll see what the dr. says. Thanks for your support. Dianne
Larakatya
on 6/7/05 12:13 am - Twin Cities, MN
Dianne, They've all said it well - my flex is about 5-15 lbs. I can lose/gain 2 lbs in a manner of hours if I'm being a butthead and tracking my weight like an obessessed teenager. I'm celebrating that I'm back down to 191-193 from getting all the way back to 199 (my lowest seen weight is 186) and FTR I STILL consider myself as maintaining - even with this minor fluctuation - because my clothing all fits the same (it was getting a bit snug on the higher end, and gets a bit loose on the lower end). Don't torture yourself - but rather acknowledge your mistakes and/or poor choices and move on. You're doing GREAT! ~Lara
DianneW
on 6/7/05 7:49 am - Louisville, KY
You are right. I definetly made some poor choices and now I'm back on track. Thanks for your support. Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views