need new snack idea!

Donna R
on 6/5/05 11:15 am - Paducah, KY
hi Everyone, well I have become bored with my snacks! need something new, it does not have to be all protein either. I was using these in the past and am tired of all of them canned manderine oranges canned pinapple canned peaches ( i have no problems with natural sugars in fruit) wheat thins with melted cheese cheesy pickle, that is a large pickle with a cheese stick stuck in the middle. apple with peanut butter any nuts I guess my list just goes on, i find a good snack and I eat it until I don't want it anymore. anyone have any neat, different ideas??? I have lost about 117 pounds and my doc said I dont need to lose anymore, i eat pretty much regular foods EXCEPT that dreadded sugar, I am still recovering from my MRSA infection and second henia surgery so I am on extra protein but I am getting that from UNJURY. 277/158/150 Donna
Just Janice
on 6/5/05 11:23 am - Houston, TX
How about a low carb tortilla (Mission has a whole wheat one that is only 4 net carbs) with peanut butter and fruit on it? (I have a thing for PB and Turkey Bacon...sigh..call me Elvis!) Pepperoni chips? low fat granola? maybe go to a not so sweet fruit to change flavors? Blackberries? chicken with cheese and hot sauce (c'mon..you KNOW I live on this stuff, people!) salsa and cucumbers? tuna with cucumbers? anything with cucumbers? tomatoes? I just made a boatload of cabbage soup with carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes..yum! esp with a little cheese and hot sauce... I dunno..I am talking out my pouchie today...lol Janice
Donna R
on 6/5/05 11:27 am - Paducah, KY
Thank you Janice, the black berries are almost ripe around my fence... I just love wild black berries. and tomatoes, we have 10 tomatoe plants and I am waiting to get some great fresh tomatoes.. Donna
Dawn C.
on 6/5/05 12:04 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Donna, Here's some of my favorites: Hummus and cucumber slices or carrots Kashi go lean Crunch plain or 1/2c mixed with 1/2 c. dannon light 'n lively vanilla yogurt Laughing cow light swiss cheese spread on celery Glenny's soy crisps - BBQ, Ranch, Caramel, apple cinnamon Pirate's booty I try to mix a protein and a carb to keep me fuller longer Congratulations on reaching your goal and hope you are healing well! Dawn
lacmike
on 6/7/05 12:37 pm - York, PA
I love Tabule. Have you ever had that. It is Bulger wheat with cucumbers, tomatoes marinated with lemon and a little olive oil. I love it. Lori
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/05 12:22 am - South of Boston, MA
Snacks? Did someone say, snacks? 100 calorie bagged microwave popcorn Soy pretzels dipped in natural PB Sliced seedless cucumbers Marinated beans, "cowboy caviar" Whole wheat crackers spread with cottage cheese Fresh, steamed green beans with butter and salt Deli turkey or ham, rolled up with a pickle Carb Countdown Yogurt or Smoothie Applesauce with Wheat Germ Low-Carb Tortilla spread with tomato sauce, cheese, toasted Hummus, on it's own, or use as a dip with veggies Chickpeas, straight outta the can, I love all beans like this, though... Glenny's Soy Crisps (danger, danger!) I could go on for days, I'm obsessed! -Beth http://meltingmama.blogspot.com
aimeexx
on 6/6/05 2:43 am - Beaumont, CA
My favorite...Oberto Original Beef Jerkey! Or peanuts Cottage Cheese Turkey and cheese rolled up
Ayleneb
on 6/6/05 3:22 am - Jacksonville, FL
Other thoughts.... nuts/seeds, healthy trail mix watermelon strawberries with a little whip cream unsweetened applesauce with cottage cheese (add splenda, chopped walnuts and cinnamon for a decadent tasting dessert!) yogurt (with or without granola) Good for you on the weight loss! Way to go! Aylene
Kim T.
on 6/6/05 8:01 am - Dracut, MA
my personal favorite is grapes w/ cheddar cheese... 1 grape w/ tiny piece of cheese all in 1 bite. Mmmmmmmmmm carb countown ice cream sandwich or ice cream bar (these are great!) cucumbers w/ crumbled feta cheese and pepper celery w/ peanut butter and a few raisins on top (learned this from the girl scouts... who knew they had snacks besides their cookies!?) that's all i can think of right now, i too seem to pick the same snacks and eat them till i'm bored.... never get bored w/ grapes n cheese tho! congrats you've done great! ~Kim
Donna R
on 6/6/05 10:39 am - Paducah, KY
thanks for all the ideas. I may also just have to wander around the market looking at stuff...lol Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views