Peg's Back on Board

Pegtrala
on 5/25/05 5:25 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi everyone. I got the nicest note from Rachel today, and it motivated me to get back on the April 2004 Board. I'm glad to be reading again and to be getting inspired by all of you again. I'll repeat here... Rachel, you look wonderful! It's been a tough year for me, but I'm still here...literally! As some of you may remember, my surgery April 27th of last year was due to stomach cancer. I have made it through a year now. However, last September they discovered that my stomach, all 1/10 of it, has started developing polyps again. So far, they are just benign, but I go in every 3 months to get it checked out. I have been feeling scared and sorry for myself, which is a deadly combination for a food addict, so I turned to my old friend food. I had lost almost 65 lbs. but gained 15 back even though I don't have a big stomach any more. Those high-calorie foods, like chocolate, really add up, and my body remembers what to do with fat....store it!!! I decided this week that I need to be in a support group, so I went back to Weigh****chers on Tuesday. I'm going to work off those 15 lbs. I gained, and then I hope to lose another 20-40 lbs. I would be happy with that weight loss. I see my doctor next week to see where I go from here. I am hoping that this stomach situation will not turn cancerous again because I would like to keep the stomach I have. Other than being scared every three months, things are going really well. I retired on my 55th birthday the end of last August, so I am having a wonderful time with family and friends. Our two boys live within minutes of us, and our older son is married and has 2 sons. I thoroughly enjoy spending time with Andy, age 7, and Tommy, almost 4. Life is good, and I am so grateful for this time and also for being 50 lbs lighter. It has made a huge difference in my quality of life. As I told Rachel, I need to remember that my goals are different from yours. Losing weight is a real bonus, but being here to enjoy life is my real goal. Hmmm....Maybe our goals ARE the same! Thanks for being here, and I wish you all well. Peg 278/was down to 214/current weight 228
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/05 8:53 pm - South of Boston, MA
Glad to see you! I hope you remain healthy - and that little belly of yours is a trooper! Beth http://meltingmama.blogspot.com Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~Les Brown
Pegtrala
on 5/26/05 3:51 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Beth. Nice to hear from you! You look great! What a difference a year makes! I am relieved to know that I am not the only one still struggling with weight...whether it is working to lose it or working to maintain it. It will always be a struggle, but some things are just plain worth the struggle, aren't they. Talk with you again, and thanks again for your encouraging words. Peg
Rachelq
on 5/27/05 6:25 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hey...Nice to see you here! We need more folks to keep this board alive. Again...pleased a*****h to hear from you! Hugs, Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views