Motivation - Day ONE

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/05 10:06 pm - South of Boston, MA
*Okay gang - I've been MIA for weeks whilst drowning in carbs and failing my tool. I've gained/maintained for months, and I am ready to get serious. I knew this would happen with the year passing by, missing goal, getting denied for plastic surgery coverage, etc etc... Frankly, I'm sick of being so negative. I'm ready to drop the rest of the weight. Anybody else struggling - ready to go?! ____________________________________________________________ I'm up. I've got one meal down, before the coffee, even. It is a miserably cold & rainy day, but... let's do this. Planning six "feedings" - three protein shakes at mealtimes, and three snacks in between. Aiming for 64 -120 oz water. Snacks are to be protein-only or low carb vegetable-based - aka cottage cheese/cucumbers! (which takes the thrill out of the snacking altogether, see?) 7:30am- 1 scoop Syntrax Matrix - Vanilla (110 cals, 2 carb, 22 protein) Snack Lunch Snack Dinner Snack Beth* aka Melting Mama http://meltingmama.blogspot.com 313/298/*hiatus* was lowest of 140/130
Dawn C.
on 5/23/05 10:53 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I am with ya Mama!!! I have actually started logging food into fitday again to give to my surgeon to see why I am not losing. So I have to be honest. Here is what I have logged for the day so far. 12 oz. herbal tea, splash of skim milk pre-b : 5 wheat crackers with 1 wedge laughing cow light cheese (for some reason I was starving this morning) 16 oz. decaf iced tea B: 1 c. Optimum slim cereal, 3/4 c. skim milk More water L: small salad with 1/2 can albacore tuna, 1/5 oz feta cheese,1-2 T. light dressing More water Exercise - 45 min. ramping S: 1 c. light vanilla yogurt, 1 kiwi Calories: 862 Fat: 23 Carbs: 112 Protein: 58 Planned for dinner: grilled chicken and some kind of veggies. Maybe a salad. It's miserable here too! Rainy and high of 50 degrees!! I have been wearing flannel pjs to bed! It's the end of May for pete's sake! I want warmth and sunshine! Okay anybody else going to jump on the bandwagon? Dawn
Dedicated
on 5/23/05 11:52 pm - Eleva, WI
Time to get it going!!! B - protein shake S - fresh cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, with part of a blueberry bagel. L - chili S - more fruit, if I need it. D - pork chops So far did 15 min walk with dog. Tonight 45 min planned. Working on the water.
Larakatya
on 5/24/05 2:55 am - Twin Cities, MN
Ok, I'm in. Breakfast: Cheese from a slice of homemade asparagus pizza - no crust, and it didn't really hit the spot. Snack: half of a bison burger with bbq sauce - again, didn't hit the spot either. . . Lunch - unknown - perhaps some easy mac, and a Quorn dog. Dinner - unknown - perhaps. . .nope, really don't know yet. Vitamins: 2 viactives so far. 2 chewable multi-vites on the way. And 2 more viactives tonight. Liquids: 32 oz of crystal light onboard. 32 more to come. Exercise: 2 10 minute walkies done. one more to come.. . .wish I could go running tonight. hugs, ~Lara
Dawn C.
on 5/24/05 4:04 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Lara, "wish I could go running tonight" Did you ever imagine a year ago that you would be saying this now????? What great accomplishment! At my 1 yr check up my doc actually told me that I exercise alot! I almost fell off the table! Keep up the good work! Dawn
Larakatya
on 5/24/05 4:16 am - Twin Cities, MN
=) Thanks Dawn! You too! ~Lara
Larakatya
on 5/24/05 4:15 am - Twin Cities, MN
Lunch update: Got in my SF One a days. Ate 2/3 of an easy mac and about 1/2 of my Quorn dog (meatless hot dog - lower in fat, sodium. Higher in fiber). Also 2/3 of a flavorless orange. Here's to staying honest. ~Lara
Larakatya
on 5/24/05 6:53 am - Twin Cities, MN
Ok, Vitamins: last 2 viactive onboard. Snack: 1 oz of Cheetos Flaming Hot with lime (godd. . .too good) 1 serving Murray's SF Fudge dipped wafers. (yes, I could have chose something much better. . . but I'm being honest, and it was FAR better than the Cheese-its that were calling my name - because they're kind of a trigger food for me right now. . .dammit) Need to get more fluids flowing and enjoy my support group tonight. Still have no idea about dinner. And does sneaking away from work to make out with girlfriend for 5 minutes constitute exercise? Huggles, ~Lara
Larakatya
on 5/24/05 6:54 am - Twin Cities, MN
PS - for the record. . . It was on a break
Larakatya
on 5/24/05 11:37 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Pre-Support Snack: 1/4 cu peanuts 1 cracker - Wasa whole grain 1 stick smoked string cheese dipped in garlicky hummus Dinner: 2 White Castle Jalepeno cheeseburgers (yes. . .they work) 1 chicken ring dipped in honey mustard (this almost didn't work) nibble of plum, peach and nectarine (girlfriend was eating a fruit salad, one fruit at a time ) Snack: Caffine Free Diet Coke float (sugar free vanilla icecream) Dill-Cayanne popcorn For exercise all else I got done was being lusty with my sweetie . . .and its exercise. . .so it counts right? So - not a banner day, but not the worst day on record. Thank god I have about 1900 calories I get to eat every day. . .and considering just how miserable I was in attitude before my support meeting - I'm pretty impressed with my restraint. . .I physically redirected my feet away from food on 2 occasions. I need to watch the snackyness. . .
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views