Just FYI. WE CAN GAIN WEIGHT.

ElvisGreaserGirl
on 5/23/05 1:15 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Okay, just want you guys to know, I had a little reality check. I wentto France on business for seven days and I gained seven pounds. Yes I ate my way to "weigh" the extra seven pounds. Im actually glad I gained it, becaus now I realize I am in control of my choices, and if we choose wrong.. it catches up fast! Just my 2 cents... Jamie
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/05 10:09 pm - South of Boston, MA
I read your profile update the other day - the French cheeses ::sigh:: It's amazing, isn't it?! How soon we forget - lest we regain! I'm there with ya - I've regained at least 7-9 lbs over the course of a month or two of making poor choices. At least it's 7 lbs - and not 100 lbs, right? The pix are awesome! Beth http://meltingmama.blogspot.com 313/298/was140/130
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 5/25/05 2:34 am - Los Angeles, CA
your looking fab!
Dawn C.
on 5/23/05 10:44 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I have seen it first hand. Not only can we gain 7 lbs, we can gain back what we lost and more. I have a good friend that did fabulously the first year. Lost 100 lbs. Now she will have her 4 year anniversary and I am guessing has gained at least 75 lbs. back. She did not follow up with her surgeon or follow the rules. The sad thing is that she is a diabetic and her diabetes disappeared after surgery and now she is on meds again. I have tried to encourage her to go to my doc (her's has moved to another city) and come to our support groups. I know she is too embarrassed to come to the support groups. I have heard her tell people that the surgery didn't work for her. I keep my mouth shut but want to say that she failed her tool. So every time I see her I remind myself that if I don't keep in line I will end up back where I started or worse. I have another friend who had the surgery 6 months before me and we have a pact that if we see the other gaining weight or screwing up we can kick each other in the @ss! We have to keep in mind that this is a lifestyle not just a quick "fix". Good luck getting rid of all the french cheese!! Dawn
Larakatya
on 5/24/05 12:53 am - Twin Cities, MN
I have someone in my life who only lost 40lbs as a post-op and has since regained that, and 40 more. She tells all that the surgery doesn't work. She doesn't quite know what to do with me. . .luckily I'm a friend of her sister-in-law so I'm not in her face often. But every time she sees me she looks scared and weird about it. It's not even about judging - people who are in that situation need support- plain and simple. If there's any way you can help her get to a support group, there are SEVERAL people there who will understand what she's going through. And I for one, don't have time to sit in judgement over anyone else when I'm at group - I'm there, begging god/the universe in my own way to let me keep this newly healthy body for a lifetime. I'm there, talking about my own problems and challenges. I'm there supporting others - and I've got no time to tolerate anyone being gnasty to each other in a group that's supposed to be there to lift people up, and help them do what they can't by themselves. In any case - here's hoping we all have long-term success. It's terrifying to think how fleeting this wonderful way of living could be if we let it. Wishing all the best (and good luck with that french cheese!) ~Lara
Rachelq
on 5/24/05 1:22 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Yep...don't I know it. Guess we can welcome ourselves to the real world. I think I'm up for the challenge though! (no lets hope I can deliver on that!) Take care Rachel
Jillybean
on 5/25/05 2:00 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
a little off topic, but I've been trying to see your pics for months now, and they never seem to load for me. Is there anyplace else you have them, other than your profile page? Sounds like you had a blast, by the way!
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 5/25/05 2:35 am - Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, I only have them on my site and profile.. not sure why you cant see them! I had a great time.. thanks.
ruthdebra
on 5/25/05 11:08 pm - Palm Springs, CA
Jamie - what a great new pic. Yes - we can gain weight. And actually, my support group leader says it's pretty common to gain back a few pounds after we go below our goal. A week in France - sounds like the 7 pounds are a small price to pay. And you'll lose them too. Could also be some fluid retention from flying. Ruth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views