One Year Check-Up

Rae Smiles
on 5/20/05 12:08 am - Mount Airy, MD
Yesterday, (actually 13 months to the day) I went back to Barix (formerly Bariatric Treatment Center) to see my surgeon and dietian.... I am happy to say that he was THRILLED with my success...told me that he is very happy with my weight and that if I don't lose another lb he is VERY happy.... I want to go down another 13 lbs... We discussed me needing some plastic surgery...especially a Tummy Tuck....he was VERY open to it, and reminded me that I probably will go down another 5-7 lbs with the TT...so that means I am really only 6-8 lbs from my goal... I thought that perhaps I should wait until fall, for my 18 months anniv., but he thinks I am ready now... He encouraged me to start interviewing plas. surgeons and then when I am mentally ready, I can go with it, rather than getting ready and having to interview the surgeons, etc. Also met with the dietian...she was very impressed with my printed diet log from fitday.com....that is the ONLY way I can stay on track..also acts as a reality check for what I am really eating.... At this point, I am losing only about 3 lbs per month....which is fine...I am getting close to goal.... Obviously, my visit when VERY well...I am happy with all my care from Barix. Best wishes to everyone, RAE
DianneW
on 5/20/05 2:59 am - Louisville, KY
Congratulations, I can't wait to go for my one year check up on the 31st. Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/05 10:18 am - South of Boston, MA
Glad it went well! Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out