how many calories/day

Maureen C.
on 5/19/05 11:50 pm - MO
OK, I'm 13 mo post op My weight loss has slowed to only a few lbs over the last few months. Ihave started keeping track of what I eat every day to include every calorie that goes into my mouth. I make sure I drink my fluids and get in enough protein, but I never worried before about cal because I stopped eating when I was full now, I seem to be able to eat more than I should. Does anyone have any idea approximately how many cals we should be consuiming?
Rae Smiles
on 5/20/05 12:00 am - Mount Airy, MD
This is NOT an easy question...it depends on each person and their body structure, exercise level, age, metabolism (sp), etc... In my situation, I am 37 yrs old, 5'7, and am approx 8 llbs to goal....I get between 900-1400 calories per day...just depends...although I am usually closer to the 1400 than to the 900 if my days were averaged.... obviously if you still want to go lower, perhaps you could up the physical activity...do the stairs, etc.... not sure of your situation, so really I am offering only general info... best wishes, RAE
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/05 10:16 am - South of Boston, MA
Try this: http://www.muscletech.com/CALCULATORS/CALORIE/Calorie_Calculator.shtml *According to this calculator - I should be eating no more than 1300 cals a day to lose weight at my weight. Lately - I've been going over that with bad food choices, so I've been maintaining - so I must be eating around 1800 calories to maintain my current weight. It's true - calories in, calories out! Beth www.meltingmama.blogspot.com
Donna Paige
on 5/20/05 11:47 pm - Pottstown, PA
I have been wondering about the same thing. I have slow down the weight loss to almost nothing then boom lately I've dropped a few lbs. It was a nice suprise but I eat WAY too much these days I feel. I eat too much junk. I was considering going to weigh****chers to see if that would help me keep a more focused outlook on my weight. I have lost 171lbs so I can't really complain if I don't lose anymore but I sure would love to get to 130lbs and thats stil over 30lbs left to lose. 30lbs seem so much easier to get off then the 200lbs I was looking at in the beginning. I did visit Beths link and I will try going by that for awhile.
Dawn C.
on 5/21/05 4:05 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Have you had a followup with your surgeon? I just had my one year and I also am losing at a slow rate. Only 6 lbs in the last 6 months. They are concerned that I am not eating enough based on my activity level (never thought I would EVER be told that!). I also have PCOS which is a factor because my body wants to hang onto the weight. Anyway I am to log all my food for 2 weeks and send it to my dr. They will give it to the dietician for her to look at. So they will determine from that if I need more calories or activity. I usually get about 1200-1300 a day right now. So my point being maybe you should check with your surgeon and the dietician that they work with. That is really the only way you are going to get the right answer. Good luck! Dawn
sammarie
on 5/25/05 8:01 am - Sheffield, AL
I TO HAD WLS IN APRIL OF 04 AND I HAVE NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT GOING ON FOR 3 MONTHS NOW. IT IS SO UPSETTING. I GET MY WATER IN AND I EAT MY PROTEIN(ALTHOUGH I DONT KNOW IF I AM EATING ENOUGH). I DO EXERCISE, I DONT KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. I HAVE STARTED MYSELF ON THE 5 DAY NOTHING BUT PROTEIN THING TO SEE IF THAT SHOCKS MY BODY INTO LOSING WEIGHT AGAIN. I HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 97 POUNDS AND I STILL HAVE ABOUT 40 MORE THAT I NEED TO LOSE TO JUST GET DOWN TO MY DOC GOAL. MY GOAL IS TO LOOSE ABOUT 50 MORE. ITS SO UPSETTING.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views