Leg Cramps

lacmike
on 5/17/05 10:14 am - York, PA
Hi Everyone! First of all I need to let you all know that I was in today for my year check up (Somehow I got a month behind with my appointments) Anyway, I weighed in at 146. I met and exceeded my 148 lb weight goal. My surgeon is so pleased. Not only was he happy with my results but my protein level was good, My iron was up, my zinc level was normal. Overall I am doing great. Except for leg cramps. Last Friday I was driving home from work and I could barely stand it to drive. I had cramps shooting down my legs into my toes. As it would be, I forgot to say something to my doctor once I got home it happened again. Have any of you experienced any kind of leg cramps and if so how do you take care of them. I did not have any bananas here at the house so I could not eat one of them but I was finally able to work it out. Let me know Lori 258/148/146
janiej
on 5/18/05 3:20 am - Independence, IA
Congrats on your big successes. I'm hoping to eventually get to that 145 mark too ~~ my body isn't cooperating right now, but I'm working on it!! Whenever I get leg cramps it's because of not enough calcium. Before surgery when this happened I would drink more milk -- guess now it's yogurt and cheese for me. Best of luck to you! Janie
Buttonsmom
on 5/18/05 9:53 am - Brighton, MI
Lori: Congrats on your weight loss. As for the leg cramps,,, I have had them since my surgery as a result of low potassium. I would make sure your levels are okay. Bananas and pills leveled mine out. Good luck Tracey
aimeexx
on 5/19/05 3:32 am - Beaumont, CA
Hi Lori- congrats on the great weight loss! I get leg cramps too, and have all my life, and what cures them is taking a potassium supplement. Try it and see if it helps. Aimee
DianneW
on 5/19/05 10:22 am - Louisville, KY
Congratulations on your success! Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out