::hearing an echo::

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/05 11:10 am - South of Boston, MA
Is this thing on? ::taps the mic:: I've dug myself into a pit filled with carbohydrates. It's been weeks of bad eating. WEEKS. Where are y'all? Tell me what's working for you! -Beth
Dawn C.
on 5/15/05 11:35 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Beth, Well I can tell you what works for me when I do it! Seems I can stay in total control for a few days then I fall off the wagon. Nothing major but you know how it is when you eat one thing you shouldn't then beat yourself up about it. Here's a sample menu when I am in total control. Pre-B - sometimes I have a scoop of protein in my decaf coffee. Breakfast - cottage cheese & fruit or oatmeal and fruit or Optimum slim cereal and skim milk (sometimes fruit) Lunch - small salad with either albacore tuna & feta or chicken & cheese and a low fat dressing. I like Ken's light sweet vidalia onion with tuna Snack - celery & 2 wedges light laughing cow cheese spread or apple & 2 T. natural peanut butter or Glenny's soy crisps ( bbq & carmel are my favorites) or hummus & cucumbers Dinner - lean protein - fish, shrimp, chicken, sometimes pork tenderloin veggies spoonful of rice or baked potato Snack - fruit and/or yogurt popcorn (not microwave) cheese with a few wheat crackers I really try not to eat after dinner since we eat between 6 & 7. I try to just drink. This is when I am good. I can usually do this for a few days before I sabotage myself. That is what I feel like I am doing lately. KWIM. Like today I had the kids with me at the grocery store. I bought them ice cream and a cake mix. I make the cake tonight with my favorite homemade icing. Of course I had a sliver. Not a whole piece but I still am mad at myself. Unfortunately it takes alot for me to dump. I have also had a real problem with nuts. I was eating to much trail mix. I can't stop at 1/4 c. So I just quit buying any kind of nuts. Not until I get a grip. I am glad you asked this question because it made me really think about what I need to be eating. I am going to go pack my food for work tomorrow. It's really all about planning. I can plan through the day but when I get home I can totally lose it. I don't know how you do it when you are home all day. I would have to padlock all the cabinets and fridge. Hope my ramblings help. Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/05 9:33 pm - South of Boston, MA
They do help, Dawn. Seeing it written down puts it in perspective - it's so easy to forget the rules... Thank you. P.S. --- I hear ya on the nuts - I can't have real trail mix here, it's too tempting. Plain nuts don't seem to attract me as much, and they almost always make me feel sick, so there ya go. -Beth
ruthdebra
on 5/15/05 12:28 pm - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Beth - every day is a new day and getting back on track is not all that hard. Just don't berate yourself. You're almost at your goal. Follow the rules: 1. Weigh yourself every day - be accountable to yourself. 2. Eat protein first - always 3. Drink your water or whatever it is you drink that is sugar free 4. Take your vitamins. 5. Exercise 6. No snacking - not even good foods. Try this for a few days and if you have to, snack only on protein foods. Call it a 4th meal but it will help you with the carb addiction. There's no way around it - carbs are addictive to us. Go cold turkey. Don't even eat them with meals (except for veggies and fruit if you can do those without any side effects.) This is what I've learned from my support group leader and my own experience. If you can do this 90 percent of the time you're doing great! Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/05 9:26 pm - South of Boston, MA
Ruth - thank you... I need a detox, asap. Carb-eaters anonymous. "Hi, my name is Beth, and I'm addicted to sugar, white flour and naughty food!" I'm up and motivated (first time in weeks) this a.m. I stuck a piece of paper on the fridge to write down what I eat over the course of the day - since I've been slacking on my online food journal. My scale is in hiding, I'll get her out in a couple of days. I'm terrified to step on it - I know it's gotta be way up. I am all about daily accountability - and you know I was struggling when the scale went out of the bathroom! That should have been my first clue. Thanks, again. -Beth HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- somewhere btw. 140/150 GW- 130ish http://meltingmama.blogspot.com
DianneW
on 5/16/05 2:36 am - Louisville, KY
I can totally relate, I've been eating way too much junk. I ate chips every day I was gone. I'm going to drink a 2nd shake in the evenings again it always helps fills me up and I don't snack. Dianne 340/159/150 or less
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/05 7:40 am - South of Boston, MA
Good , Dianne. -Beth
cawshells
on 5/18/05 2:21 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey I'm there, just tell me when and where the meeting is..... "I'm Carole, and I'm addicted to carbohydrates"
Josie C.
on 5/17/05 2:24 am - High Desert, CA
I wish I could help...still doing the Jenny Craig thing...but we totally had to re-evaluate when I stopped losing. We knew I couldn't eat all the food, but what I can consume only came up to around 600-700 cal per day...back to starvation mode...so this week I had to add two protein drinks a day...keep your fingers crossed for me that this works. However, when I get snacky I've been eating cheese...eventhough I love Monterey Jack and Cheddar...my favorite is Havarti. Fills my pouchie up and I don't feel the need for anything else.
Dedicated
on 5/17/05 11:17 pm - Eleva, WI
My trick? The head cold from hell! Worked like a charm! Come here, I'll cough on you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views