one year later and only 65llbs gone...

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/05 10:57 am - Port Saint Lucie, FL
What did I do wrong. Lately I've been pigging out, depressed bout the year up. Seems everything just was harder for me then everyone I know that had the surgery. Did I stretch my pouch? Did I not excercise enough? Folks I know do nothing...What happened to me? Is it too late for me? My doctor says no, but what do you all think?
mikkozoe
on 5/12/05 10:11 pm - Conyers, GA
Well sweetie i am right there with ya ,..I still have 40 pounds to go and i am a year and a month out ...I sit here and get depressed that this is really it ...And no i am not happy here ...i want to be about two more sizes smaller .....I think we can do it..Actually i know we can it is just that we have to work for it now ,...Which kinda makes me mad cause so many people have lost it with out the work ...But hey what can ya do ...I think we just have to work harder than the others..But it will fall off eventually ........Keep the faith !!!!i am there for ya anytime and working with ya also ..... Laura
brittypie
on 5/13/05 1:10 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
I am almost 11 months out and have lost only 70. It was 75. I have actually gained. I have wondered about revisions (lapband) myself. I have also read that the Duodenal Switch is a revision option for RNY patients. There is a revision forum, but not many posts. I can eat anything with no problems and alot of it. I do still get full...but can eat soon after that. I have started riding my excercise bike at home to see if that helps. I admit I have not done a whole lot of excercising. Take care. I hope this is not it for us!
Larakatya
on 5/13/05 2:12 am - Twin Cities, MN
My surgeon says that we lose the best for the first 18 months. So, per him our sweet time isn't over yet. The rules are hard - only you know how you're doing at following them. How many calories do you eat in a day? Are you getting in your protein? Do you drink with your meals? Are you drinking your calories (alcohol, high calorie beverages)? How many times a week do you take exercise? Are you eating 3 meals, and limited snacks or grazing? - you don't have to answer these on the board, just consider them for yourself, review the packet your surgeon gave you and honestly ask yourself if you're living up to your end of the bargin. If you are, then go in and get evaluated. . .something could be wrong. I go to therapy, regularly to help me learn how not to use food as a crutch. That helps IMMENCELY, but it's work too. This whole thing is hard, so I'm feeling you there totally! You can do this - we all can do this. For stretched pouch info - there's always the cottage cheese test on the pouch rules for dummies - or you can get scoped/upper GI testing to get it measured. I'm wishing you the best and hoping that you find your way through this rough time. ~Lara
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/05 7:57 am - Port Saint Lucie, FL
Thanks Lara, I will be in touch...I haven't given up...just took a break for a minute, I am gonna get back to the beginning, I've come too far...and as my son would say, FAILURE IS JUST NOT AN OPTION... Love to all you guys, Rj
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/05 3:00 am - Lost in Woods, PA
wow Rhonda - don't be so hard on yourself, there are so many things that could be wrong. I have followed the diet my surgeon gave me to the T....i have just finally at 1 year and 1 month lost 80 pounds. i found that i had a little known but very common condition and now that i'm being treated for it, i'm loosing weight again. i basically stopped loosing weight at 6 months and 60 - 65 pounds. i didn't loose weight again until month 11. that is when i started being treated for idiopathic edema (unknown swelling)....seems fat cells can store a lot more than just fat and mine store water - which by the way, i consume over 140 ounces per day. i still follow the diet very strictly - haven't had sodas, chips, sugar of anykind including fruit, or anything that could even be considered junk food in over 1.5 years. i watch my salt intake (never add only what is in the food naturally).....i get in my protien and workout like a fiened... if i don't take my prescribed drugs like i'm supposed to for the edema, i don't loose anything - so, i take it just like prescribed. and the meds are not dieretics - that can make the condition worse. check with your endocrynologist and see if he knows anything about idiopatic edema and see if you might have it....there is a test that they make you do called a water load test....seems if you have it, you pee more during the night than during the day. anyway, the meds i have been prescribed have been a god send...i couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong - was it me, did the surgery fail.....did i fail....and the answer is NO - it's just some condition i have that needs taken care of. you might not have the same as me, but you might have something that is preventing if you are doing what you are supposed to....it's worth checking out at a minimum.... best of luck and just remember, you are not alone, there are many of us out here that loose slow - we just don't tend to talk about it. Open RNY 4/19/2004 "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." Buddha
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views