After my plastics consult...

aimeexx
on 5/11/05 2:26 am - Beaumont, CA
I wee why no one is poating the price of their surgery consultation! Geez- who knew?!?! So, I asked for a tummy tuck and a thigh lift, not even a breast lift which I need too, and it is nearly $20,000 at this doctor. I want to compare prices so I have another appointment Friday with another doctor and I am going to put the breast lift in. I am free to schedule the surgery as soon as I want with the first doctor, if I can come up with that money! Anybody have a suggestion as to how I can do it?! AARRGH! Aimee
Lea C.
on 5/11/05 3:32 am - Los Angeles, CA
I want to have alot done so when I went for consults I did not realize $70,000+ was the going rate. However, upon further consults and research found the same amount of work, with someone just as highly regarded and qualified for half. So dont panic yet. I just had 1 week ago, lipo of flanks, abs, breast area, legs, knees. Thighplasty, and breast lift and reduction for about 15K. I was scheduled for implants but had good tissue and got a good size so actually they owe me towards next procedure. My friend had arms, breast lift, implants, and tummy tuck for about 20K here in Beverly Hills. Most of the big surgeons finance, hope this helps Good luck
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/05 10:20 pm - South of Boston, MA
::sigh:: I knew it was all downhill when I realized just a tummy tuck - not even the belt lipectomy (all the way around) was going to be $5,000 (and that was with a certified WLS doctor - not a plastic surgeon!) I am going to make some calls to find a regular plastic surgeon, to get a quote for all the work I want to have done. If money weren't so much an issue - or if insurance would pay for some of the work, I'd like *belt lipectomy (would solve belly, upper butt, back issues) *breast lift with small implants (I can't have a lift, I have no breast tissue left, I'm in a 32 barely A) *Upper arm lift (I can't wear short sleeve shirts still, the skin hangs out of them...) *Thigh lift (ugh, just ugh!) Also- *Treatment for serious varicose veins from both hips down to my calves It's very depressing when I realize I may never be "normal" you know?! I remember looking at Caroline Martins' photo pages and OH.com journal thinking to myself "OMG, that poor woman, she's so brave... look at what she's dealing with (in the excess skin)..." I was thinking that I'd never have to deal with that kind of skin - thinking I was "young" enough, not "heavy" enough... And here I am - looking similar (minus the breasts, since I didn't have any...) I wish we all won POWERBALL --- that would help, eh? Perhaps if we went in on one doctors' group rate?! -Signed, Melting Mooshy Mama http://meltingmama.blogspot.com
aimeexx
on 5/12/05 2:39 am - Beaumont, CA
Boy was my spelling off yesterday--oops! I have another consult tomorrow with a bigger "group" of surgeons. It'll be interesting to see what the price comparison is. Beth- I need all that stuff too!!! And you're right- all I've ever wanted was to have a normal body, and I never will!
Rae Smiles
on 5/12/05 2:44 am - Mount Airy, MD
I appreciate your sharing your experiences...I have "been thinking" about the work I need done....and wondering how I am going to afford it all...I am still paying off my WLS. RAE
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views