help....

Courtney B.
on 5/8/05 12:29 pm - Titusville, PA
hi my name is Courtney Bromley. rny 4/21/05 -130lbs I am having trouble with my hair thining... Is anybody else having this problem. Does anybody have any suggestions? Im trying to get all my protien in. I just wish there was an easyier way to do it......
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/05 10:47 pm - South of Boston, MA
My hair fell out terribly in the first couple of months! I kept cutting it very short because of it. Now, I finally have the urge to grow it out. Do you take your vitamins? How many grams of protein do you get in a day? If you don't count, try counting for a couple of days - just to see. My surgeon said to aim for 50 grams per day. My hair isn't falling out now, and I average 75-120 grams of protein. I hope it slows down for you soon! -beth
Rae Smiles
on 5/9/05 3:42 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Courtney, I think most of us lost hair back around the 3-4 month stage..and it went on for a while..at least for me... My hair used to be VERY thick and coarse....it started falling out at around the 3-4 month stage and continued until about the 8-9 month stage...it was BAD...I used a lint roller on my pillow every morning because there was so much hair left behind...gross... Here I am at the 13 month stage....my hair is growing back in, but the texture is completely different and my hair never looks completely healthy....prior to surgery, I had strangers comment on my hair...not anymore....I hope that I get my normal hair back, but if not, I guess I will have to live with that.... Not sure if this is new hair loss for you, or if the problem started earlier....as the prior post suggested, watch your protein, and be sure to have your blood work done on a regular basis...if you are a year out, and are just starting or starting again to have hair loss, you might want to mention the problem to your doctor.... RAE
aimeexx
on 5/9/05 7:38 am - Beaumont, CA
Hi Courtney! I am stll having a problem with my hair thinning...I lost about 70 percent of it! Taking biotin is supposed to help but it didn't work for me! I am thinking of getting my hair all cut off... I started out with waist-length thick blonde hair. I sympathize with you! Aimee
DianneW
on 5/9/05 11:55 am - Louisville, KY
I am still loosing hair and now my skin is dry and scaly I'm going to have my thyroid checked. I have a high Cardio crp which can be elevated from hypothryoid, and these are symptoms of this as well. It can't hurt to have it checked. Most people seem to be over these symptoms by now and my dry skin is getting much much worse, almost to the point of exema or something, I've never had before. Weird. I get 70 g of protien or more a day. LEt me know what you find out. Dianne
Courtney B.
on 5/9/05 1:25 pm - Titusville, PA
Thank you all for reponding to my post. I do take my flinstones, calcium, b12, b12 injections,iron. Ihave noticed my hair thinning months age but it started to slow down and the all of the sudden I is really noticable. Is there something I can put in my hair to help? I also work very hard on getting my protien in. My sugeon wants me to have 100 g a day. It is hard for me to do this. The oly protien drink I can tolerate is Isopure. But, It fills me up so fast I can't drink alot of it..... thanks courtney rny 4/21/04 -130
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views