feel like such a failure

Amy H.
on 5/4/05 9:01 am - Shenandoah Valley, VA
ok my preop weight was 300;bs, today i am at 194. I feel like such a complete failure. I thought for sure i would be at 150 by now. I didnt start exercise until about a month and a half ago. I know I know that was a huge part of my failure. Since I have been working out still no difference on the scale. I know i have lost some inches, but dang I wanna see 150. Help guys and dolls, im very very sad hugs amy
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/05 10:36 am - South of Boston, MA
Amy ((hugs)) Keep track of those inches lost - it's amazing to see the changes... really is... I wish I had tracked it better ... BTW - how does losing 106+ lbs mean you failed?! You're doing it. The race is not always to the swift... but to those who keep on running. ~Author Unknown Beth                                            Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.  ~Patton http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/                                            
jennann
on 5/4/05 12:20 pm - Bonifay, FL
Hold your head up don't give up... It will come not as fast as you would like but it will come.. I though forever I would never see 130.. But I think it might happen after all.. I've started walking again for about a month now and the scales have started moving again.. I lost alot before when I was walking and able to swim before it got cold... Thats what I miss being able to swim.. Maybe it will warm up and stay soon... Keep up the exercise and you will see the numbers drop.. Crossing my legs for you... GOOD LUCK TO YOU..... Jennifer 280/153/130
Dedicated
on 5/4/05 11:29 pm - Eleva, WI
Give yourself a break! You ARE NOT A FAILURE! I started at 274, this morning I weighed in at 190! Sure I'm dissappointed, I too wanted to be at 150 by now, but I am trying to remind myself that I did this for my health, not the number on the scale. Good luck!
Rachelq
on 5/5/05 1:55 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Wow Amy! Here is a (((((hug)))). I'm sorry you feel like a failure, but I don't get it Losing over a hundred pounds and failure shouldn't be used in the same sentence!!! I mean, you must feel so much better!!! You have the rest of your life to lose more weight if you really want to. You are on the right track with exercise! Its great to have goals, but don't for get to enjoy the process of reaching for them. Gosh...I pray you find peace in this journey... Rachel
lacmike
on 5/5/05 6:58 am - York, PA
Amy, You are doing fine. I would definitely track your inches. I take my measurements once a month when I weigh myself. Don't get frustrated and you will shed that 46 lbs sooner than you think if you keep exercising and watching your diet. I have a friend that is over 2 years out, she is still loosing and although she has lost 200 lbs she has not met her goal but she is determined and I think that is what you need a little determination, positive reinforcement, and support from us. You will be fine. Try not to worry. Lori 258/147/148...140
Amy H.
on 5/5/05 8:51 am - Shenandoah Valley, VA
thanks for all the support I was just in melt down the other day. I talked with my friend and got some more support, and lots of hugs from DH. I will continue to exercise and eat well and my body will do what it needs to. You are all right I feel so much better now than at 300lbs. I can move and have fun and fit into regular sized clothes (16btw, 14 in dresses, yehaw) I just so want to slip on that size 8 dress. Yes I had this surgery for my health, but it would be a lie if I said that was the only reason. I want to feel thin. Yes I do feel thinner, but I want that elusive feeling of thin. I need to come to peace with my body. I remember preop reading about people in this stage and thinking if I just prepared myself enough for it I would not feel that way when I got there. That was a load of crud. Oh well thanks for the shoulders to cry on. I appreciate the responses so much! Big Hugs to the april 04 gang Amy
Rae Smiles
on 5/5/05 11:12 am - Mount Airy, MD
Amy, please don't take this the wrong way...but, when I read your message, I laughed out loud, then I grabbed my calulator...I am sure that you realize you have lost 106 lbs in one-year!!! Your message was very timely for me...I have been very hard on myself lately because my weight loss has really slowed up....I am down 113 lbs.... We need to all take a deep breath....hold it.....slowly, let it out....repeat..... Not sure if anyone else has done the same thing...but I keep changing my goal...first, my goal was to get healthy, then I started putting a goal weight, then I lowered the goal weight....you get the idea... Amy, you ARE a successful weight loss story....you are successful....you have done wonderful!!! 106 lbs in ONE YEAR!!! Holey Moley!!! hugs, RAE
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/05 8:23 am - South of Boston, MA
RAE wrote: "Not sure if anyone else has done the same thing...but I keep changing my goal...first, my goal was to get healthy, then I started putting a goal weight, then I lowered the goal weight....you get the idea..." Boy does this really ring a bell! My goal was to get healthy first off, and to get maaaaaaybe under 200 lbs. Isn't it amazing how things warp in our minds?! -Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views