Protein Bars?

cawshells
on 4/25/05 2:07 am - Baltimore, MD
I see a lot of daily food diaries with protein bars as breakfast or snack. What kind of protein bars are they? I looked at some over the weekend and most of them have very high carbs, some high sugar. Can anyone make some good recommendations for protein bars? I'm not into sweet ones as much as maybe granola. Thanks!
Josie C.
on 4/25/05 2:09 am - High Desert, CA
I actually use the Power Crunch Cookie? It really isn't a bar and I alternate with just a plain old Atkins Peanut Bar. I haven't found a granola type that I like yet, but I keep looking.
aimeexx
on 4/25/05 7:30 am - Beaumont, CA
Hi...I eat a protein bar every day for breakfast. The ones I like are Adkins Advantage, which are high proteing/low carb. Also, if you have a Trader Joe's market or any healthfood store, they will have other brands. Costco has big packs but make sure they are low carb. Eating them makes me not miss candy at all!
lacmike
on 4/25/05 11:51 am - York, PA
Carole, My nutritionist does not encourage us to eat protein bars. But she said if we must do eat the EAS Advantage brand that Wal Mart sells. They are lower in carbs and sugar than most and in a pinch not to bad for a meal suppliment. Lori Starting weight: 258 Goal weight: 148 Current weight: 147 Ultimate goal weight: 140
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/05 12:06 pm - South of Boston, MA
Hi Carole! I eat a lot of protein bars. At least one or two a day, most days. Here are some I've tried. I do not suggest buying any type in bul****il you know how your body will react to them. I dump on several bars that "shouldn't" effect me - but I do! Good bars (in my experience) EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Bars- Cookies & Cream EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Crisp Bars - Double Chocolate Crisp EAS AdvantEDGE Monring Energy - Apple Cinnamon & Cinnamon Swirl EAS Myoplex Carb Sense Bars Premier Nutrition Protein Eight Bars - Cookies and Cream Nitro-Tech Carb Control Bites & Bars - Strawberry, Blueberry & Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip (these have weight loss supplements in them...) Glenny's Slim Carb Bars - Chocolate Genisoy Low Carb Bars - Chocolate Chip or Peanut Butter (not my favorite, but DH loves these, and they don't bother my belly) There are lots more... but these are the ones sitting in my protein bar basket in the kitchen... Many of these are also very high in calories (up to 260 cals with 30 grams protein) - and should be used as meals... I don't eat those ones as often, because I like to eat a lot during the day... So-so bars- Atkins Protein Bars - nasty texture but edible Slim Fast Low Carb Peanut Butter Crunch - a tasty SNACK, no protein whatsoever! BAD bars (make me sick sick sick!) Power Crunch Bars (instant dump city - and not particularly healthy anyway ) Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe (major dumping with diarrhea! ...) SlimWhey Bars DETOUR Bars Odyssey Bars Atkins "candy" bars Most any bar that is made to really resemble a CANDY makes me ill... it has to be the excess sugar/sugar alcohols... Beth I gave up jogging because my thighs kept rubbing together and setting my pantyhose on fire. HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 143 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Buttonsmom
on 4/26/05 1:07 am - Brighton, MI
I live on Atkins Morning start choc. chip bars... they have 13 grams of protein, and I eat at least two a day. I would not be where I am not without them. I love them Tracey
Rachelq
on 4/26/05 3:35 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi! I eat them most days for bfast. I eat the pria carb selects. They are the perfect size...most are way to filling. Its not easy to find low sugar/fat bars. I love Avid's delve bars. you can get them on line at avid.com...but they are sweet...almost like a rice crispy square. Just a side note on the power crunch cookies...they turned into a 'trigger food' for me. I just kept eating wayyyyy too many. so I don't eat them anymore, but most of my WLS love them. Rachel
Rae Smiles
on 4/26/05 10:45 am - Mount Airy, MD
I LOVE the Pure Protein Bars, especially the Double Chocolate (or something like that)...saw that Beth has problems with that bar....I have NO problems with it...also the smores flavor and carmel one are good too...I bought a peanut butter one the other day but haven't eaten it yet. The detour/one-way, which ever is the one with the low sugar made me SICK!!!! The advantage bars are good too.... The other day I tried a South Beach Diet Bar...the cinnamon one...it is beyond GOOD!!!! Safeway has 10 for $10 right now....a protein bar for a buck is a darn good deal...especially when it is so tasty... RAE
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views