I'm alive - update

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/05 12:17 am - South of Boston, MA
Hi gang! I'm here. We came home from FL and dove into some home improvements - therefore I've been up to my neck in paint and sawdust. ACHOO! DH goes back to work tommorrow- so things will be quiet again momentarily. We got most of what we CAN finish accomplished for now. We're currently looking into adding a family room addition to the house, if possible, and if this cannot be done, we're considering selling the house and finding something more appropriate. Yes, we've only been here less than a year, but we're cramped for space, and I need a place to seat the family for dinner. Our kitchen is too small for a table - and we don't have a dining room, we're using that space as a living room. Sounds nuts, but this house just isn't big enough. The builder must have been from Oz, you know? I've been through the house-selling process multiple times, so I am considering going the isoldmyhouse.com route this time... I can't even THINK about paying a 5-6% commission on this sale. Anyways- in other news- I've been eating poorly. Vacation time is over tommorrow and I should get my butt into gear. It's not that I've eaten much, it's just the grazing on naughty foods for ME, like pretzels, etc. I've been pretty unmotivated about it- and not logging the intake at all. I'm getting my protein in the form of a coupla bars a day, but I've been having way too many carbs. I've maintained my weight for at least 2-3 weeks now... but I haven't tried to lose or anything at all... I think my body would stay right at this weight if I continued to just eat on demand - I'd probably gain too - at some point, so I know I have to stop and get back to basics. I have my plastics visit on Thursday, I'd hate to be any heavier than I was at my last docs' visit- because I'm trying to show that I am ready for procedures and that I won't regain... Motivation, anyone? Bring it on. In good news, my "goal pants" are now falling off. These were the jeans that I bought too small - and squeezed into for a long time. Now, they slide on, button, and are baggy in the butt and waist! That makes me "too small" for a size 10 - which is cool. The size 8's all fit pretty normally - some are too big in places (no butt left), but I've got some serious belly left, so I can't go smaller without a surgical procedure. That's all for now I guess.... Feel free to email me if ya can't find me here. Melting Mama * "Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success." D. Carnegie HW- 313+ SW- 298 CW- 144 GW- 130 www.meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Rachelq
on 4/24/05 7:58 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi! We've been busy with a remodel...***cough cough*** the dust is maddening! Hey I noticed you are now at 144...awesome...I'm still struggling to get to 145 by weds...that will be my one year...and I'll be able to say I'm at goal...BUT I'm 2lbs away and ping ponging between 150 and 147. No biggy though...I'm totally happy with were I am. Good luck getting back to basics! Ta! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views