How Are You Celebrating Your 1 Year Post-op?

crabby
on 4/21/05 3:52 am - small town, MO
Just wondering what everyone else is doing to mark making it to their 1 year post-op? It just happnes that my surgery date and my birthday are very close together and I've always taken a vacation for my birthday so now it works to include the celebration for my WLS. When I was away I planned a horseback ride as my reward for losing the weight, it was a great time and the highlight of my trip. Lulu -171
Dedicated
on 4/21/05 4:32 am - Eleva, WI
I haven't decided. Mine is this saturday! My SO asked me how I wanted to celebrate! I said butt necked in front of the mirror so I can appreciate how much my body has changed in this short year! He laughed.....figures that mirror will be in Paris or Aruba! I wish!!!!!
Josie C.
on 4/21/05 6:01 am - High Desert, CA
You know I hadn't really thought about it....It is next week...I guess I have been so focused on losing that last stubborn pound so I can make it into the Century Club...it makes my anniversary almost anti-climatic. So what to do...hmmm...nails, check...pedicure, check...facial, check...these are things I already do...still thinking...I'll get back to you.
Ayleneb
on 4/22/05 3:12 am - Jacksonville, FL
Well, apparentally I am celebrating my one year post-op by having baby#3!!! Yes, that's right I am pregnant. Nope, it wasn't planned. In fact I started birth control pills in January but due to malabsorption they didn't work for me. Right now I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and expecting in December. Now I'm really watching what I eat and tracking the protein, vitamins, etc... Thankfully, since my weight has been stable for several months at my one year check up my doctor said that I should be fine for pregnancy. Ironically, I've lost a couple pounds in the last week or two and my top half has shrunk a bit. Oh well, I'm sure that will be changing soon! LOL Aylene 278.8/169/150ish - long, long from now! LOL
Josie C.
on 4/22/05 10:53 am - High Desert, CA
Well congratulations!
DianneW
on 4/23/05 12:42 pm - Louisville, KY
Mine was the 15th and I didn't do anything yet, but I think I'm going to go see the musical "Movin Out" Friday night. It sounds like fun and is totally un food related. Dianne 340/167/150 or less
deb113
on 4/24/05 1:40 pm - pensacola, FL
Hi Everyone Congrates on your 1year post-op. I had mine April 5,2004 I've lost 103 pounds and lost 17 dress sizes. I did not do anything to celebrate. But, I was thinkful i have gotton this far. It seem to come so fast. It was here before i new it. WOOHOO!! I'm healthy and happy !! Debra
Rachelq
on 4/26/05 3:40 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I'm hanging out with some of my new WLS girlfriends. One of them is having an...ahem...Adult...er...novelty gift party. My husband can't wait to see what I bring home No way I would have done that a year ago! Happy birthday and 1 year Wls anniv to you!!! Rachel
Neen L.
on 4/26/05 11:34 pm - Arlington, VA
Mine is tomorrow! I'm home from school in between semesters for a week so I've been visiting the family here in Pittsburgh. Tomorrow just happens to be the day my boyfriend is flying up from Virginia to see Pittsburgh for the first time Yay! I'm pretty sure I'm going out to do some serious karaoke to celebrate--and wearing my new size 12 capris!!! Love Neen 276/174/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views