need advice

Brenda L.
on 4/18/05 6:14 am - Carthage, TX
I haven't lost any weight in the last two months. I have uped my protien. I am getting in the right amount of water and exercise. I have started using fitday.com, and I am eating about 1200 calories a day. My question is what is the right omount of protien and calories to get each day, and can you get to much protien from protien shakes. I started at 330lbs, and I now weigh 215lbs and I am 5"1. I really want to lose another eighty pounds. Please help if you can. Thanks, Brenda
Josie C.
on 4/18/05 6:18 am - High Desert, CA
OMG Brenda...I just have to say you have changed so much...you look amazing. Sorry I can't be any help...I have been on the plateau from H**L...it is so bad I've gone back to Jenny Craig...I haven't even broken the century club
Sue B
on 4/18/05 7:19 am - WI
Hi Brenda ~ I responded to your post on the Main board too, but figured it may benefit the April people too I will be 1 year on the 27th of April & have luckily been stedily losing this entire year (don't get me wrong I "Stalled" here and there ~ anyone who knows me knows I have my up's & down's like everyone else) ... I was told 1200 calories a day & up to 150g of protein a day. I was told to get a MINIMUM of 60-80g of protein a day & shoot for 120g. Whenever I hit a "Standstill" I start drinking 3 protein shakes a day at 40g each & also eat food. I have a shake for breakfast, Normal snack & Lunch, Shake for a snack, Normal dinner & another shake about an hour before bed. When I do this I seem to drop 5# that 1st week, then 2# the next week - you may want to try my method. I know everyone is different - so I am not saying it will work for you, but it does for me. Good Luck! Sue 318/170 AT MY GOAL
DianneW
on 4/18/05 8:46 am - Louisville, KY
Sue, I think I'm going to try this. My weight loss has drastically slowed down, I had gained a few and lost them again. This may help jump start things. Thanks. Dianne
Sue B
on 4/18/05 8:59 am - WI
Go for it! Everyonce and awhlie I get it right This has helped me break through those "Stalls" so they don't become Plateau's. If I am still losing it seems just to add a pound of loss ... but if I haven't lost anything for at least 2 weeks it seems that this comes with a 5# loss so it is worth it to me! Good Luck & Let me know if it works for you. Sue 318/170/AT MY GOAL
Dawn C.
on 4/18/05 1:06 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Brenda, You are doing great! I know it's frustrating to be stuck. I had a several month spell where I gained and lost the same 4 lbs. for 3 months. Just within the past few weeks it has started moving again. I have really been watching and cut way back on the amount of nuts (fats) I was eating. Plus bumped up the exercise a bit. I think we have to switch things up every few months to keep are bodies losing. If you have been reading this board you have heard all of us complain about slow losing. I don't think there is any one answer because everyone is different but you can take ideas from everyone and see what works for you. Just think how far you have come!!! Dawn 287/189.5/165
deb113
on 4/24/05 1:46 pm - pensacola, FL
Hi Brenda, You look so wonderful. You don't even look like yourself anymore. You look like a diffrent person. you are doing great. It sounds like you are doing everything right. I have times i don't lose a pound for a few mo too. Are you losing inches? When i don't lose pounds i lose inches. Just keep getting in your water. You weight loss should pick back up pretty soon. Take care, Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views