So I'm calming down

Larakatya
on 4/18/05 4:19 am - Twin Cities, MN
Man I had a major freak out today. For the first time since before my surgery I knowingly chose to ingest refined sugar. I felt awful about it and am working on forgiveness and moving on. Here's the thread if you're interested: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/state-forums/MN/postdetail/59838.html?vc=0 Hugs, ~Lara
Josie C.
on 4/18/05 4:28 am - High Desert, CA
Yeah for you...I'm like you not letting refined sugar pass these lips...it is a long row to hoe. Sugar is the and we need an excorcist...can I get an Amen?
Dedicated
on 4/18/05 5:04 am - Eleva, WI
Put it in perspective.....you had like two bites, right? Thats waaayyyy less bad than 2 muffins! The next time you consider temptation, remember how you felt after indulging today....that may really help you in the future, then this experience will have a positive spin on it!
DianneW
on 4/18/05 8:43 am - Louisville, KY
I think your doing amazing. I've been totally pigging out on junk food lately. That is why I want to go to OA. I've got to get under control. Today was a better day. The surgery definetly didn't cure the head. Thanks for sharing. Dianne
amomfor2angels
on 4/18/05 9:02 pm - Grovetown, GA
Wow, girl u have so much will power, you rock!! I would have ate the whole damn muffin and been done with it!! I, for some crappy reason, dont dump, so I can eat anything I want and enjoy it and it only makes me feel like crap mentally. I know I shouldnt eat it, but I do. This week is gonna be hard!!! My daughters 11th birthday is tomorrow. Tradition for my husband is for me to make a home made german chocolate cake for birthdays like his Mom did. So, I have to bake one of them...also have to make pumpkin rolls, which are to die for. Then Saturday is her party, so we are going to get a store bought cake for her party. There is going to be so much crap around here, Im gonna die!! Can I borrow some of your will power please?? Today is also my one year anniversary from surgery. I have an appointment today to get my hair highlighted and trimmed. Time for a little change. I have lost 100 pounds and I think Im done since I havent lost anything in 3-4 months. I went from 240 to 137. I bought a size 4 pants the other day and size 5 in juniors. It still amazes me that I can wear something that small. I feel amazing!! I have such fear that I will just gain the weight right back on...fail like any other diet that I did. I just have to be in more control of what passes through my lips!!! Lets just pray I can make it through this week without eating too much crap. I know I will eat some...thats a given, but I wont eat like I would have last year at this time!!
Rachelq
on 4/19/05 3:23 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Wow, I read this and I am in awe. I have not had your self disipline thus far. I even cried about it at my last support group meeting. I crave it so much. And just craving it gives me the guilty feelings I used to have after binge eating. My Psychologist put it in perspective though. She reminded me that sugars and chocolate had an effect on our endorphins unlike most of the foods in my diet...so I'm not 'bad' for wanting it. That was a big break through for me. Good on ya for getting this far! Rachel
deb113
on 4/24/05 1:56 pm - pensacola, FL
Hi Lara, I know what you mean. I'm also mad with myself tonight. But, Not like you... I ate the whole thing. A candybar. I don't dump. I wish i do. But, I don't. I have to have better control of my life. I do feel depressed that i let food control me. Well, I am just going to have to do better and not pick up the candy and eat it. I have been doing so good and look at me now !! I know how you feel. You did good. You regain your self control and throw the muffin away before you lost complete control. GOOD FOR YOU!! Debra
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views