Literally made a milestone

Larakatya
on 4/17/05 9:36 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hi there WLS family, Today I went for a run with my buddy and we did something that I've never done in my life before. I'm in training for a 5k, which is a 3 mile run. I've "run" one before - at 400lbs. . .but really it was a walk/jog. I was very proud of how hard I had worked that time to train for it then, but needless to say training is going much better this time. Today my training buddy and I went on our run and we were able to run comfortably for 2 full miles! We were able to keep a conversation the entire time, and it felt incredible to be out there in the sunshine and able to work my body like that. I have never run that long continuously before in my entire life. At the end of 2 miles we sprinted for the last 30 feet and crossed the "finish line" (the pine tree where we started) with our arms in the air like we had just completed a marathon - which honestly. . .it felt like I did! Its days like today that make it all worth it. I wouldn't trade places with my pre-op life for a million dollars. It's worth the challenges, its worth the sacrifices, its worth everything. And its only going to keep getting better. I've got 2 more weeks to get an additional mile added into the run before the big event. I think I can do it. I'm wishing all the best, ~Lara
Rae Smiles
on 4/17/05 10:28 am - Mount Airy, MD
Lara, congrats on such a HUGE milestone!! My hat is off to you...if you see me running, call the police, because I am being chased....LOL Keep us posted on your progess...I can't wait to hear about how well you do during your race... RAE
Larakatya
on 4/17/05 11:49 am - Twin Cities, MN
I promise I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the love and for the giggle! Hugs, ~Lara
Dawn C.
on 4/17/05 11:14 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Lara, That is fabulous! You should be so proud of yourself! You are truly an inspiration. I know you will run the 3 miles with ease. Soon you will be running marathons. YOU CAN DO IT! Dawn
Larakatya
on 4/17/05 11:52 am - Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Dawn!!! I'm hoping that this fall I'll run a half marathon and that next spring I'll be running my first marathon. THANK YOU for the encouragement!! ~Lara
DianneW
on 4/17/05 12:27 pm - Louisville, KY
Congratulations, that is fantastic, I need to find a place that is a mile and see how far I can run and start running. It sounds wonderful and enjoyed it when I was young and thing. Have a wonderful time. Dianne 340/170/150 or less
Larakatya
on 4/17/05 1:50 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Thank you Dianne!!! I am absolutely loving it. Hugs for you, ~Lara
Sue B
on 4/18/05 12:55 am - WI
YEAH LARA!!!! I still cannot fathom running ... especially 2 miles! I walk on the treadmill, but have never tried running - maybe I should try it once I get clearance for exercise again??!!?? You have accomplished SO much & I am SO proud of you!!! Sue 318/172/170
Larakatya
on 4/18/05 4:17 am - Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Sue, It all starts with the walking. Once you've got that jogging and running is not far behind - leading to taking flight Hugs, ~Lara
Rachelq
on 4/19/05 3:17 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi sweetie! I can totally relate to this post! Actually did the sprint to the finish on my last training run. I was all alone, but I could hear the roar of the crowd in my head! ha!!! I think when I talk to people about my running they think I'm boasting, but honestly...I'm in total shock...couldn't have done it this time last year! Loving it, Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views