Me Too - 1 Year Loser

janiej
on 4/14/05 7:02 am - Independence, IA
I also feel obligated to do a one year post. My s/o asked me if this has been hard for me. Heeeelllll yes. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat! It's been an incredible year and I feel I have been one of the really lucky ones, or not, depending on how you look at it. The only thing I have thrown up on was water (drinking too fast) and can eat any meat. Milk, however, is another story but I'm finally used to not getting milk with my meals. I've had absolutely no complications or problems after my surgery! On the other hand since I can't eat about anything, sometimes I do (Oreo cookies are evil) and have to remember where I came from. I swear on my grandma's grave (she would be so proud of me) that I'll never go back where I came from. Sometimes my head has trouble keeping up with what's going on with the rest of my body and if they ever figure out how to do surgery on our heads along with our tummies I'm sure the world would stop turning! This has been an incredible year. I've been rollerskating and shoveled snow just for the fun of it. I love curling up in a chair with my knees all bent up just because they fit!! I went out and bought new leather chaps and jacket for the motorcycle & my son calls me hit motorcycle mama... He's 10 and measures my loss by how far he can put his arms around me. You guys on this board have been great. You really keep me motivated. For awhile I was in a silent battle with Beth and when she surpassed me I felt left behind. But I'm going to catch her one of these days. Besides I have a few years on her. I found a chart that told me for my age (45) I actually weigh what the "average" woman does. Today, the beginning of my 2nd year of new birth I have a new exercise plan in place and am looking to kill the carb monster. My ultimate goal (why are we so obsessed with numbers) is to be comfortable in a size 10 and to weigh 145. I've come too far to settle for where I'm at right now -- Thanks to everyone for the posts and encouragement. I know even when we're not posting, and just reading, we're still there for each other. God bless all of you. Janie Lap RNY 4/14/2004 272/160/145?
Just Janice
on 4/14/05 7:06 am - Houston, TX
WHOOOOO Surgery Sista!!!!! You have done tremendously! We are all so proud of each other!!! You ahve to post a pic of you, your hawg, and your chaps! I would LOVE to ride someday, but, alas, my checking account tells me at this time NO! LOL YOu have done a great job this past year, and I know you will continue to do so! Janice PS If you figure out a way to kill the carb monster, please let me know..I think I have one of his cousins living in my pantry....
Larakatya
on 4/14/05 11:02 am - Twin Cities, MN
AWESOME post Janie!!!! Motorcycle mama, that's HOTT! Keep up the great work, ~Lara
janiej
on 4/15/05 5:26 am - Independence, IA
Thank you ladies -- sorry, but it's not a hawg -- too expensive for my blood. I have a 800 Suzuki Intruder, but love to ride. Not quite your typical motorcycle mama, but it's fun to dress up in the gear! Would love to have a Harley, love the sound . . . grrrrr but my budget won't allow it!! Janie
Rachelq
on 4/19/05 12:43 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
sounds like the first year was a good one and you have a great plan for the future! Keep up the effort! and keep us posted on progress! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views