One year out.....

Just Janice
on 4/14/05 6:18 am - Houston, TX
OK...here is my "mandatory" one year out post... I MADE IT!!!! (and no innocent animals were hurt in the process..although, hubby is a little worse for wear..LOL) I weighed in at 160 today...still 10-15 higher than my MD wants me at, but just WHO IS LIVING THIS LIFE ANYWAY???? Certainly, not him! He cannot claim a smaller butt, saggier boobies, thighs that clap for you during intense workouts, a stomach that looks like melting cheese...ooooooooo...chhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssseeeeeeee....Oops..sorry..tangent..LOL The only thing, albeit a LARGE little thing, he can claim is the talent to do my surgery and hell at me for eating a measely green bean when all I was to eat were leafy greens and lean meats...hey..GREEN beans....who wouldn't think that was a green veggie..they have leaves before they are picked... I did the rest..MEMEMEMEMEMEME!!! Don't get me wrong, all of the support from friends and family...both of which apply to everyone here, as you are all considered my group of extended family...we are all related in this weird WLS way, like it or not (esp that freaky aunt everyone has in their tree...) helped, but I was the one who was putting things in my mouth. At times, I shouldn't have shoveled various things into my proverbial piehole, but I did, and DAMNIT...I would do it ALL AGAIN! The dumping, throwing up, icky feelings...all were things that made me grow (and shrink, of course). Without bad manuevers, I would not know what GOOD feels like, what SATISFIED feels like, what THIN feels like (OMG..did I finally admit I am thin??? BREAKTHRU)!! I just want to say thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement whenever I am feeling funky, physically or emotionally. You are the best group that I have ever been associated with, and I hope that we are keeping in touch for a long time to come. You all have a special place in my heart!!! Janice
janiej
on 4/14/05 7:05 am - Independence, IA
Janice - happy one year birthday to you.... We're twins (well sort of). I'm glad you can admit to thin ~~ that's still a hard one for me. You did it!! Take in all the praise you can. There will always be those days when we want to beat ourselves up over something that we'll reach inside to remember where we came from. We can do this -- we did do this. Be proud. Hugs to you and congratulations!! Janie
Larakatya
on 4/14/05 10:59 am - Twin Cities, MN
Congratulations dear Janice!!!! I'm so proud of you lady you're doing SMASHING!!!!!!!! You're doing just awesome and you should be incredibly proud. Get down with your thin self Love, ~Lara
Just Janice
on 4/14/05 12:47 pm - Houston, TX
Thank Ya, Gorgeous! Janice PS..If and when I hit the double century club...can you tell me how to do a card???? Yours looks GREAT!
Larakatya
on 4/20/05 1:38 am - Twin Cities, MN
Sure! I played with it in Visio and in MS Paint. Hugs sweetie, ~Lara
Rachelq
on 4/19/05 12:41 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Janice, congrats on your one year! We are all very fortunate that you share your journey here on this board. If I'm feeling down or funky, all I have to do is read one of your posts and I'm up and laughing. Thanks for that! Keep on sharing! Rachel
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/05 10:58 pm - South of Boston, MA
C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s! We luff ya Janice! -beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out