1 YEAR & TEARS

Sissy N
on 4/12/05 1:26 am - Hesperia, CA
I have been unhappy all weekend, thinking of how I didn't make it to my goal of 150-140.....thinking I failed. This morning, driving to work I realized 1 year ago today I was about to go into surgery and it struck me, I weighed 288 pounds, had dangerously high blood pressures, could barely walk, I sounded like darth vader when I would breath, I couldn't keep up with my child, etc. Then the tears started to fall and I couldn't stop. The numbers mean nothing. Yes, I am 124 pounds lighter (164) and have gone from size 26/28 to a size 10.....but that is not important. What is, is I am healthy. I no longer have any health problems and I am going to live. Today I am THANKFUL.......FOR MY LIFE Wishing us all continued success on our journies Sissy 288/164/???Whatever the Future Holds
Dedicated
on 4/12/05 1:57 am - Eleva, WI
Thanks for sharing. I too have been so wrapped up in numbers that I lost sight of the big picture. You've done great and happy re-birthday!
Larakatya
on 4/12/05 2:11 am - Twin Cities, MN
Size 10 lady - you're doing SMASHING by anyone's count. I'm so glad to read that you came to a new understanding of what you're journey is about for you. **BIG SQUEEZIE SUPPORTIVE CONGRATULATIONS HUGS** You're going to live a long healthy life, ~Lara
Just Janice
on 4/12/05 2:24 am - Houston, TX
LOL Sissy..I was just complaining about the numbers on my food post..LOL Thanks for bringing it all into perspective! Diabetes is gone, hypertension is gone, and a boat load of other issues.... WHOOOO for living! (A bigger whoooo to you for realizing it is not about the numbers!!!!) Janice 346/310/161/145-150ish
Donna Paige
on 4/12/05 5:26 am - Pottstown, PA
Happy New Birthday Sister! We are doing simply Marvelous!
Jillybean
on 4/13/05 3:02 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
We are eerily similar. I also started at 288lbs, a size 26/28. I am now 163lbs, size 10. With my one year anniversary being yesterday, I had beat myself up about not hitting my goal by now (150lbs), but like you, I did some reflection and introspection. I am a different person than I was a year ago. Not only do I look better, but I'm healthier, I feel better, and there is so much more I can do. I am so thankful for the progress I've made this year. THe question now becomes, "will I ever be satisfied?"-- and the fact that I can't answer that scares me. Keep up the good work, and hang in there! Jill 288/163/150
Rachelq
on 4/14/05 4:01 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Wonderful revelation! I've said it all along...my surgery was a success after 4 months. That's when ALL my comorbids were gone!!! Losing weight since then has just been the 'icing on the cake' (surgar free of course!) Thankful for my life too, Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views