slight black outs and dizzy spells

lacmike
on 4/10/05 10:55 am - York, PA
Hell-o WLS Family, I can not remember if I posted this before or if anyone else did but today when I was out shopping I was standing next to the sales clerk who was helping me and I blacked out for a minute and got really dizzy and almost fell over. Has anyone ever had this happen. I am just curious if it has to do with WLS. Thanks. Lori 258/149/148...140
Just Janice
on 4/10/05 11:14 am - Houston, TX
HI Lori! About a month or so ago, I posted about how I passed out atop of my friend's hubby while he was in ICU...my MD says it was due to lack of eating and hydration (it was a VERY busy and stressful day). I am also going to be doing more blood work just to ensure that everything is doing OK on that front as well. Were you running around, not eating and drinking? Stressed? I remember that my mother also had spells like these when she was about a year or so out...we don't know what happened to her, either.... Have you spoken with your MD? Janice 346/310/161/145-150 ish
Rae Smiles
on 4/10/05 12:16 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Hi, I had/have the exact same problem and it is ALWAYS the same issue for me....VERY low blood pressure....get it checked.... There are several things you can do....first, be sure that you are hydrated....fluid intake does NOT raise your pressure, but if you are dehyrdrated it can lower it.... second, keep a calendar with your pressure listed...see if there is pattern...for me, everytime I lose more weight, my pressure gets lower, but after a few weeks, it levels off... my pressure has been running as low as 80 over 50....you will pass out/dizzy spells, etc....but have gotten the same issues at pressure as high as 90/60, but not nearly as bad.... third, there is a medication that can help raise your pressure...my doc didn;'t want to prescribe unless my body didn't regulate it.... fourth, to raise you pressure, eat a cup of egg drop soup....that has been feeling better in no time...all the salt..... I am no doctor, so I would make an app't soon....let us know....BTW, my issue is NOT brought on my WLS, rather, the weight loss.... gee, at least now when I pass out there is someone who can lift my MUCH thinner ass off the floor.....LOL RAE
Just Janice
on 4/10/05 2:13 pm - Houston, TX
"gee, at least now when I pass out there is someone who can lift my MUCH thinner ass off the floor.....LOL" I love it! When I passed out on my friend's hubby, she told him that at least I was POST-OP when it happened! LMAO!!! (PS..the really cute orderlys/nurses/MDs are stored in the ICU...they are the ones who come running..so pass out there if needed...Hee hee!) Janice
Tina MR
on 4/11/05 12:38 am - Ruidoso Downs, NM
Something like this happened to me on Friday. I went to go exercise and about 1/4 of the way through the Curves program, my knees got real shaky and I got pretty light headed. I tried to keep going but was afraid it would get worse so I got dressed and left. I ate a cracker and felt somewhat better. I wasn't sure what it was but low blood pressure makes sense. I didn't have the machinery to take it at the time but I know I was a little dehydrated. I'll pay attention next time it happens and see if that's what it was. This is the second time it's happened but neither time has it been really bad. Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views