Bathing suits

Dawn C.
on 4/8/05 12:48 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Has anyone gone shopping for one yet? I really don't know where to start because I don't need to shop in the chubby girl store anymore. I need the support up top for my drooping girls and also tummy control. Would like a little coverage for the wrinkly thighs. So where have you have luck? I know it's going to be quite a process! Thanks Dawn
Tina MR
on 4/8/05 12:57 am - Ruidoso Downs, NM
good ole wally world is where I got mine....at end of season last year. Just guessed at the size, never dreamed it would fit. It does. I can still wear last year's that I got at Sears. It was really pretty but I have to make sure I'm swimming alone. It will fall off in the water but looks OK on dry land. Anyway, Sears and JC Penneys have a good selection. You shouldn't have any problems there. Good luck and have fun!!!! PS Don't be critical of yourself though. I know I was and DH got upset with me. He stated "Your never satisfied!!" hahaha wellllllll????? Tina M R Open RNY 04/09/04 272/176/136
Dawn C.
on 4/8/05 1:30 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Well I figure I can't look any worse than I did wearing a size 26 bathing suit!!! And tell you DH - No we will never be satisfied! It's the nature of women! Thanks for your advice. I think I need a whole day to myself to go shopping for a new spring/summer wardrobe. Dawn
Brown Eyes KY
on 4/8/05 1:57 am - KY
I bought a two piece at Walmart. The top is long waisted and bottoms have a little skirt to hide the panni (apron). It's a very short skirt, not like the size 26 bathing suit skirt I wore last year. I bought it in the misses section (yahoo!). My husband said it's really attractive (and a lot easier to go to the bathroom, let me tell ya!). Although it's a two piece, it looks like a one-piece because it doesn't show any of my flabby, excess belly skin. Good luck on your search.
DianneW
on 4/8/05 2:35 am - Louisville, KY
I found a cute one a TJ Maxx, $19.99. I didn't want to spend a lot since I'm still loosing. I doesn't have the thigh coverage I would like, but I would have to wear capri pants for that. If you want something really specialized you may have to go to a bra store, they usually carry nice suits, but are pricy. Good luck. Dianne
Karen S.
on 4/8/05 4:15 am - Island Lake, IL
I'm about on my 3rd since surgery and have 3 more smaller ones in my drawer. I am using a size 16 now and have 14s & 12s ready for the summer. Sam's club has a good deal on some nice suits. Another place is Keifer's and they have a web site. I like going to their store as that sometimes they have even better deals. I go through a lot of suits because I do water aerobics and water step areobics. Even though I was them out every time, the chlorine eventually gets to them. Good luck and try them on if you are unsure! Karen
thin_tyme
on 4/8/05 6:22 am - WY
Hi Dawn I bought both of mine at Ross. The first one is a two piece, long top and the bottoms are blackskirt type. The second is a long top and short type bottoms. I think I paid about $14.00 a piece. Mechelle
~EbonyBarbie~
on 4/9/05 12:26 am - XX
Try www.newport-news.com................................. If you have a scar like mine from OPEN RNY they have some some really sexy suits that will cover it (tankini) sp . I brought two from them. Good Luck in your search
lacmike
on 4/9/05 4:55 am - York, PA
Dawn, So many people have recommended Land's End swimwear to me. I hear the coverage is nice. I won a Land's End tankini last year on ebay in a size 14 but never got to wear it. Now it will be too big, it is a shame because it is a nice suit. I would check out ebay, sometimes you can get designer suits pretty cheap. Lori 258/149/148..140
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views