A year ago I would not have......................

thin_tyme
on 4/4/05 10:44 pm - WY
You finish the sentence. I have many to post, but one that jumps onto this web page (only because I just did it last night) was.............;I took a belly dancing class last night, I have lessons for the next month. Wow!! What fun!! I loved it!!! Mechelle 283/155/140
Dawn C.
on 4/4/05 10:50 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
A year ago I would not have.... said that I enjoy exercising and look forward to it.
Just Janice
on 4/5/05 12:58 am - Houston, TX
A year ago I would not have.... went on a rollercoaster because of my size (let alone do it by myself because I live with a bynch of chickens! LOL) I did this last weekend and cannot wait to go back...with or without someone else! Hee hee! So...I think with this surgery I have lost not only weight but my self consciousness about what people are thinking about me...man! I must have been so vain to think that I was on others minds, huh??? Janice
Rachelq
on 4/5/05 1:04 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Oh! Good thread! I hope lots of people post to it. It so easy to get to the year and think about missed goals instead of all of the successes. I too have so many new things happening in life. Lots of my successes center around my kids and what I can do with them now vs. a year ago, not to mention that my hubby and I are like newly weds again!!! But it all comes down to improved health. A year ago, I would not have... Been able to run 11 miles at a 12 minute mile pace! (actually, a year ago I was lucky to walk a mile at all...and newly post op I was doing 17 minute mile pace)
Rae Smiles
on 4/5/05 2:20 am - Mount Airy, MD
gotten into a size 10, added additional flower gardens in my yard, wear high heels, wear "normal" sized bracelets, and um, get on top.... RAE
mikkozoe
on 4/5/05 3:46 am - Conyers, GA
The self esteem that i have now ...before i was soo woried what others thought of me and if they liked me and all ....And now i just do what i have to do and if i make them mad then so be it ( not intentinally you do know this ...Like at work and i know i am doing something right if it made someone mad or something i would do their work for them so they would not be mad at me and so on ) but i am not afraid to go out in public eaither ...... Laura
Luann S.
on 4/5/05 4:19 am - Green Bay, WI
Simply put, tried to cross my legs in public, I knew if I could just pullllll my leg over the other one I could do it. But now it's so much easier!! and my leg doesn't fall asleep L 254/190/150 p.s 4-8-05
lacmike
on 4/5/05 6:36 am - York, PA
Ran two miles, worked out with Tae Bo, or Sweat to the Oldies I would have sat on my fat butt and jus****ched the video. Lori 258/149/148...140
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/05 3:39 pm - South of Boston, MA
:::thinking::: I don't know! Suppose that means it's time to do something drastic? I was thinking about getting a piercing. Oh, okay... I'd never cross my legs--- something I do incessantly now. Even here at the keyboard- sitting crosslegged! Man, I need more excitement. :-x There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now.  I might as well take a nap."  http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Tina MR
on 4/8/05 12:35 am - Ruidoso Downs, NM
EVEN DREAMED that I could wear a size 8 in my pants. UN-TOTALLY-BELIEVABLE!!!!! Tina M R
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views