ventral hernia repair today!!

Donna R
on 4/4/05 6:15 pm - Paducah, KY
good morning all, well I have to be at the hospital at 6 am, I am having one of two hernias repaired today, I have a hernia next to my belly button that was there before my WLS and one just under the sternum that is along the surgery line. The Ventral hernia, the one planned for repair today, is really big and it kind of looks like I am pregnant!! Because the two are so close together, my doctor is not sure if he will have to do the other hernia also, I guess I will find out when I wake up. If the doctor just does the ventral, i will be home later today, but if he has to do both, then I will stay in the hospital at least one night. I have packed a bag just in case. I got about 2 hours of sleep last night, and its now 3:15am. I will let you all know how it worked out as soon as I can TTFN Donna 277/169/150
DianneW
on 4/4/05 9:58 pm - Louisville, KY
Good luck, I feel a lot better since I got my hernia fixed. The surgery was a piece of cake compared to GB. I got to stay in the hospital overnight. I'll say a prayer for you. Dianne
thin_tyme
on 4/4/05 10:48 pm - WY
Hi Donna, I'm sure that you have already left for the hospital by now but I want to tell you that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure you will feel much better when it is all said and done. Talk to you soon. Mechelle
askaggs1
on 4/5/05 2:51 am - Cunningham, KY
Donna, I just read your email I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you before you went in!! I am going to be saying a prayer for you and Dr. A (gotta make sure his hand is steady) But I know you will do fine!! We need to get together soon! All my love, Amanda
Donna R
on 4/6/05 4:59 am - Paducah, KY
well I am doing pretty good for a person without a belly button!!! he had to remove it because the whole are was so weakend by the hernia, I have not got to look yet but I go back tomorrow to see the doctor. I did have a slight snag though, it seems that everytime I have surgery I have the hardest time to go pee afterwards, I tried for 4 hours to pee. I am not sure why but my doctor said this is not unusual and the sent me home with a catherter in... I get to get it removed tomorrow. I will ask him more about this problem, it may have something to do with the tumors I have along my spine. but I am doing well, I get to wear a drain. and now my 15 year old daughter is calling me a "hatchling" now because I no longer have that belly button..I will know more about what he did when I see him in the morning, he did talk to my husband but I need to talk to him myself. thank you all for your thoughts and prayers Donna
Donna R
on 4/8/05 3:53 pm - Paducah, KY
i am doing ok but am suffering from gas! it was not this bad after the GBS!. I am soo bloated that I look pregnant... I did get the cathater removed and can pee just fine though, still have the drain and will keep the doctor feels its done draining. have a great weekend Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views