Can't believe this has almost been a year

baddgurrl
on 4/3/05 6:40 am - Chino Valley, AZ
It's hard for me to believe it has almost been a year since surgery, I am very happy with my loss but it seems for at least the last month maybe even two I have not lost anything. I think my size has changed a little but the weight is the same. I am fine with it like this, but last time I saw my surgeon he said he thought 40 more pounds, is that his goal or what is considered normal?? I mean I never did this surgery thinking of how I would look, honestly for my own health and comfort. So If I am fine at this weight does that mean not actively fighting to get more weight off I am failing at the surgery? I believeat this point I am overweight, not obese so if I can live with it why beat myself up over it? Anyone else have any thoughts or feeling similar at this time?????????
lacmike
on 4/3/05 6:51 am - York, PA
When I was at my 9 month appointment I asked my surgeon how much more weight he wanted me to loose. I was exactly down 100 lbs that day. Dr. Monk said whatever you are comfortable with. At that point I said OK, I will do what my body tells me to do. If I can loose more weight then I will, if I can't then I am happy where I am. In November, I thought I looked good but I was still overweight. But now I look at myself and think WOW, I can not believe it is me in the mirror. I believe they consider a 70-80 percent weight loss a success then you are WLS success. Regardless if you went from being severly obese like me to normal, or even just overweight I still consider you a success. If you are happy where you are at I would just now work at maintaining your weight. Just keep up with the good habits you learned this past year. Lori 258/149/148....140
Larakatya
on 4/4/05 12:11 am - Twin Cities, MN
If you're happy where you are, then why fight it? That's just my 2 cents. Hugs, ~Lara
Donna Paige
on 4/4/05 2:52 am - Pottstown, PA
Carol, You know exactly how you feel at your weight. Don't let someone's idea of weight rule you. I have to remember this sometimes. Heck I came from 340lbs to 176lbs. I'm considered still obese. I was super morbidly obest my bmi is still 33. But I gotta say if I don't lose another lb i'm happy at what I am now because I feel healthy. Supposedly I should weight 121lbs. I swear I'd be a pencil if I were that small. I don't know who decided the proper weights but I've decided the only one that should decide what is right for me is ME! Congrads! on the weightloss!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views