lieing about losing more weight!!!!!!

thin_tyme
on 4/1/05 7:52 am - WY
Who would have thought, not me in a million years. Here's the deal, I have had about 5 co-workers (all semi-=overweight, 1 healthy) tell me I do not need to lose any more weight, huh Who are they kidding!!! I'm 5'6" weigh 156 pounds and I wear a size 15 pants, some 13/14. There is no way I am stopping now, I'm going to 140 (dream would be 130). I am still overweight!!!! Why go through this surgery to only go partway??? Sure I will listen to my surgeon and abide by what he tells me, I have no doubt that he will tell me I can go to 140. In the mean time it is none of their business, I know, and hopefully I will keep losing but who would have ever thought that I would ever consider lieing about losing more weight. I just wanted to vent, thank you. Mechelle 283/157/140 (maybe I'll just spite them and go to 130)
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/05 9:10 am - South of Boston, MA
Mechelle! Okay- it's gotta be the size. I hear it ALL the time. We're very close in weight- I'm 5'5' - 144 lbs - so we probably look somewhat similar at this point. Generally - it's other overweight folks that say this kind of stuff to me. Probably because I am so dramatically different now and they're just used to me being just like them, you know? "You can't possibly need to lose anymore weight." "Where?" Do I need to SHOW you where?! As for lying about it - I don't know if I'd bother! Use the doctor as your scapegoat "My doctor told me to get to ______ lbs - it's what I am supposed to be for my height." Point blank. Melting Mama *                            Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.  ~Patton http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/                                            
thin_tyme
on 4/2/05 8:24 am - WY
Beth I think it has a lot to do with looking so different now. I certainly don't hear them saying things to people who weigh less. Naw, I won't lie, I just considered it and like Lara said "I'm listening to my Dr." Mechelle 283/156.5/140
thin_tyme
on 4/2/05 8:26 am - WY
oops, sorry Beth, it was you who said that I say My Dr. told me to get to_____________. I just had ane "aged" moment. Mechelle
Larakatya
on 4/1/05 10:58 am - Twin Cities, MN
I've been getting this for the past 20 lbs or so. I never quite know what to say to them. . . It is definately how you know you're getting close to goal. It's your journey - lose all you wish to (within healthy reason of course). Hugs, ~Lara
thin_tyme
on 4/2/05 8:29 am - WY
Lara, Amen, it is my journey. I do have the right to lose all that I wish, of course within healthy perimiters. I'll remember that!! It is my journey! It is my journey! It is my journey! It is my journey!It is my journey!It is my journey! Thank you! Mechelle
Dawn C.
on 4/2/05 7:59 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I haven't had people say that directly but when I say I want to lose another 30 lbs. which would put me at about 165 ( I am 5"7") they look at me like I am nuts. I think they are just not used to seeing me this way. And I probably look like I weigh less than I do. I know I am wearing a smaller size than when I was at 192 before. I just squeezed myself into size 14 pants and I know I was wearing an 18/20 at this weight before. I am the one that lives in the body so I am going to do what I need to do to be happy in it. The heck with everyone else. Dawn 287/192/165
thin_tyme
on 4/2/05 8:32 am - WY
Dawn, You also have a great line. "I am the one that lives in the body so I am going to do what I need to do to be happy in it. The heck with everyone else. " Thank you Mechelle
FaithMills
on 4/4/05 3:45 am - Hornell, NY
I think i'd take it as a compliment and say Thanks, I'm glad I can hide that last 25 lbs so well. But, my doctor says..such and such and i'm going for that. I think its just that we look so drastically different that we LOOK skinny to them. Great Job! I've 25 to 35 to go..i'll know when i get there. Faith 278.5/168/145?
thin_tyme
on 4/4/05 4:02 am - WY
That's a great one Faith. Just taking it as a compliment and telling them that I must hide the last 25 pounds well. I think that I will use that one. Everyone gave me great comments! Thank you all. Great job on your success as well, we are in the home stretch. Never ever thought in my wildest dreams that I would be saying, "I have 25 more pounds to go" WOOOHOOO!! Take care Mechelle 283/156/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views