One Year for Me, Too!

Jaime_C
on 4/1/05 6:28 am - Moreno Valley, CA
One year ago today, I took a leap of faith. I wrote a check for half of all we had, hoping to regain my life. Today, I have so many options available to me that I am paralyzed by possibility. Today I choose life. One year ago today, I was planning to live the rest of my life in a wheelchair. Today I celebrate the action I took to support my hope that would not be so. I had finally found a doctor willing to go the extra mile - to right that which had been done wrong to my spine. To prepare, I needed to lose as much weight as possible in six months. I wanted, needed, and deserved WLS. One year ago, all I wanted was to be able to walk again. Today, I want to run. Today I want to swim. Today I want to dance. Today I walk without pain. One year ago today. Jaime 240/160/145
thin_tyme
on 4/1/05 7:43 am - WY
Hi Jaime eloquently put, beautiful post. Congratulations on your success and here is to your continued success and future. Mechelle 283/157/140
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/05 9:13 am - South of Boston, MA
Beautiful. Melting Mama *                       Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.  ~Patton http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/                                            
Larakatya
on 4/1/05 10:04 am - Twin Cities, MN
CONGRATULATIONS Jaime, You're story is incredibly inspiring and wonderful to read. Happy shared birthday, ~Lara
loriann117
on 4/3/05 10:01 pm - New Bern , NC
Great job Jaime!!! The best choice anyone could make if you ask me!!! Great to hear success stories.... Happy Anniversary to you too!!! Lori 231/121 past goal!!
FaithMills
on 4/4/05 3:54 am - Hornell, NY
Beautifully put. You've done great. I guess that says it all! Faith 278.5/168/145
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views