*End of MARCH* How'd ya do? Successes & NSV's

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/05 10:36 pm - South of Boston, MA
This is for tommorrow - but I'm writing it out while I remember... March is officially through tommorrow - how did you do this past month? *Weight change this month? +/- ________ lbs *Body measurement changes? *Any non-scale victories? (like a new clothing size, something you're really proud of...etc...) *Are you still losing weight/at goal/maintaining? *How many pounds to goal?
Dedicated
on 3/29/05 10:41 pm - Eleva, WI
I actually lost 5.5 pounds! Can't believe it. I really struggled in Feb & March. I've lost a couple more inches here and there! My 16 jeans are no longer too tight! I'm still 53 pounds from my ultimate goal of 135. My goal for my anniversary date is to weigh in at 180, the weight I was 12 yrs ago the day after I had my son!
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/05 10:50 pm - South of Boston, MA
*Weight change this month? +/- ________ lbs This was a wild month. (In like a lion?!) I started the month out at 150 lbs - gained up to 157 by the 16th of the month, and now I'm at 143-144 lbs on the 30th. I'll re-weigh tommorrow for the "official" month stat. But, for today, it's a loss of 7 virgin pounds (+7 regained lbs)... *Body measurement changes? I'll measure later. *Any non-scale victories? (like a new clothing size, something you're really proud of...etc...) Not really - that I can think of. I fit into the "goal" jeans like buttah now, so I need a new pair of "goal" jeans? *Are you still losing weight/at goal/maintaining? Still losing, getting very close to "goal" - wondering now where I should actually stop losing - because I still am in need of major skin removal, wondering how much my skin weighs. That's a gross thought, but it matters! ::shiver:: *How many pounds to goal? 13-14 lbs to *personal* goal, which is smack-dab in the middle of the medically correct healthy weight range for my height. 130 lbs for 5 feet 5 inches. Surgeon never gave me a goal - just told me to "expect" a loss of 60-80% excess body weight. I chose to aim for 100%, because I "expect" a rebound at some point, and I don't want to be dealing with a lot of regain from 60-80% excess only lost, it will be easier to deal with at a 100% loss - to regain a few lbs and maintain. I had to think of it this way, otherwise I think I'd set myself up to fail inevitably thinking I'd "only get so far" - and regain some anyway - and get lax and let it happen. It's my nature to give up half-way. It's a miracle that I got this far. Melting Mama* 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 144 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
janiej
on 3/30/05 2:24 am - Independence, IA
What I wouldn't give to be where you are Beth. It's my own fault and that of the stuff that keeps jumping into my mouth while I'm not looking (or thinking). I NEED TO GET BACK ON TRACK!!! Losses - none - pounds or inches. My low has been 160 a couple months ago and I now float between 163 and 166. My realistic goal is 145. I can then make my float pounds from 145 to 150 and the sirens will go off at 150! Don't these numbers all make you crazy???? BTW I'm 5'5" too but can't imagine weighing 130. I'm also a lot older than you (45). You go girl -- you are an inspiration to all of us!!! My jeans are anything from a 10 to a 14, but want to be in an 8-12 range. Best of luck to all of us April losers!!! Janie Lap RNY 4/14/2004 272/160/145?
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/05 9:55 am - South of Boston, MA
Janie - Thanks, you're sweet! My mom is 5'5" and in her late forties- and weighs about 160? She looks purdy good there. Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 144 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/05 3:06 am - Lost in Woods, PA
ok, i lost weight this month so i'm gonna play along. Weight change this month? - 10 lbs (solid loss - ain't comming back) *Body measurement changes - i don't measure go by feel of clothes, from a tight 18 to a loose 18 *Any non-scale victories? (like a new clothing size, something you're really proud of...etc...) bought lots of new clothes and even bought some 16 for this summer - gonna be in them soon i hope!! *Are you still losing weight/at goal/maintaining? - i'm still loosing - around 65 pounds from my goal and 95 pounds from surgeons goal....see him next month. i've been on the new meds which seem to be working in getting the weight moving so i'm excited. the 65 pounds doesn't look so bad now - 10 pounds in a month ------- after 5 with no weight loss ------ wow!! Open RNY 4/19/2004 305/230 "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." Henry David Thoreau
Dedicated
on 3/30/05 3:32 am - Eleva, WI
What meds??? I did finally lose some this month, but am totally frustrated. If you don't mind sharing.
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/05 6:36 am - Lost in Woods, PA
No prob - don't mind sharing. i have a condition called idiopathic (unknown) edema - which means my fat cells retain fluid more so than fat....who would have thought that i'm a walking waterbag especially with the way i'm always drinking (over 200 ounces per day). My new endo said if it had been diagnosed prior to surgery - i might not have needed surgery. i had totally and completely stopped loosing in late september/early october of last year (at 6 months basically)...i mean not an inch, or an ounce for almost 6 months. I was under 1200 cals per day per my surgeons suggestion, worked out like a fiened (sp), but just could not loose any weight - seems my body was just fillin up with fluid...and it seems that it is something i've had for quite a while. anyway, the med they gave me for this condition is dexedrine (strong adhd med) which does something with the dopemine producers in your brain and makes the fat cells release the fluids they are holding. endo said i would start loosing right away (within a week) and he was right - i lost 5 pounds the first 2 weeks and have been loosing quite steadily since...he said it is something that 4 out of every 10 women have and it is not uncommon - just not diagnosed properly.... again with the just stop eating mentality - he said he just wished more doctors actually listened to the women that come to them.....anyway, that's the story.
tonishappy
on 3/30/05 5:17 am - Greensboro, NC
Lost 9 pounds Don't measure (wish i would have) I can now were a size 10!!! Still losing lost 3 pounds last week. Most weeks are 1 to 2. I have 31 pounds to goal. Toni Bowen Open DS 20 April 2004 285/156/125
Sue B
on 3/30/05 6:18 am - WI
*Weight change this month? - 12 lbs *Body measurement changes? Don't measure :*( wish I would have! *Any non-scale victories? Bought a size 12 dress!!! (well 3 of them!) *Are you still losing weight/at goal/maintaining? Still losing passed original goal & got myself a new one! *How many pounds to goal? ONLY 16 more to go for my next goal! Sue 318/176/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views