1 week ~ I'll be under the knife again!

Sue B
on 3/29/05 5:08 am - WI
Okay so I must admit I was stoked a month & a half ago whe I made this decision to have some reconstructive surgery ... now that it is next Tuesday I am FREAKING out! This time next week I will probably be on my way home from the hospital with some minor adjustments. If you didn't know I am having an arm lift, breast lift (no implants) and lipo-suction on my saddle bags. I don't think I have ever been this nervous before! I was excited until yesterday - then it hit me that I am going in for a 5 hour surgery ... and will be in pain for weeks ... and OMG I will be different! Please think good toughts for me ... I am going in at 7am for an 8:30 am surgery & they are sending me home as soon as I feel like it. Sue 318/176/160
Dedicated
on 3/29/05 5:11 am - Eleva, WI
You will do great!!!
janiej
on 3/29/05 6:13 am - Independence, IA
Good thoughts are coming your way -- you'll be fine (okay, so you'll be great in a couple weeks anyway)! I have to tell you I'm way chicken about having PS, but really envy those of you who are doing it. Remember just as in our original surgeries I'm sure it will be so worth it in the end. If you don't mind, I really want to know your after thoughts after the breast lift. I was always big busted (you know first in the class to wear a bra, had a nickname of "bubbles" in Jr. high), and since I've lost 112 lbs I've gone from a 42DD to a 36 DDD. I'd really like to bring the girls a little "higher" up and am thinking that would also reduce them a little. Let me know how you come out when you feel up to it. Best of luck to you!!! Janie Lap RNY 4/14/04 272/160/145?
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/05 6:44 am - South of Boston, MA
Sue- You're gonna do fine! Color me green with envy - sort of. I'm terrified of more surgery, but I have really decided that it may be my only chance of *being normal* again. As for the boobs- I don't have enough tissue for a breast lift (aka teabag boobs, they're gone completely, I am wearing a 32 Nearly A today, can't really get any smaller!) I am going to need implants. I also need the arms done, they've fared the worst out of all of my body! And a full tummy tuck & thigh lift! UGH. Please let us know how it all goes! Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 144 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 144 GW- 130 -159 lbs and counting! http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
klhmom3
on 3/29/05 7:45 am - Clovis, CA
You will be fine! Is your insurance covering any of the surgery? I NEED the arm lift so bad. I want implants to put my girls back where they belong. But I am not sure about cost. Good vibes are coming your way!
Sue B
on 3/29/05 8:00 am - WI
NOPE I am self pay by choice. I have had so many surgeries the past 3 years (appendix, gall baldder, WLS - plus little things along the way) & our insurance went WAY up after they paid for my Gastric Bypass ... so my husband said he would rather have us pay then have the insurance go up again. I wanted implants too, but my Dr. said he doesn't tighten things up to stretch them out right away. He said that if in a few months I still wanted them he would be happy to do the surgery (at a discounted fee). Plus I am at the max time with my 3 procedures. He says he doesn't think I need them (AWWW how sweet) and would rather have me be happy with the surgery then regret making my girls too big. I started my journey in a 40DD and am now in a 36C ... he says he isn't taking any tissue so I should stay a C. I MISS MY GIRLS The cost for the 3 surgeries is right where I expected it to be - so that was nice. I don't want to publically announce my costs so if you want to know e-mail me & I will tell you Thanks for the good vibes! I need them cuz I am getting SO NERVOUS Sue 318/176/160
Larakatya
on 3/29/05 7:00 pm - Twin Cities, MN
I'm thinking good thinks, and praying for you sweetie. Where you go, I can't wait to follow! Huggles, ~Lara
Luann S.
on 3/29/05 9:59 pm - Green Bay, WI
Sue......... I am sure everything will be fine. You've probably resarched this Dr and feel confident about his expertise. Don't worry....... you'll do just great !! I also am having PS next week, (Friday April 8th...... an abdominalplasty with 2 hernia repairs) I'm more nervous for this surgery than my WLS last year. I guess since I've seen it on TV. But, I know the outcome will be worth it. Just think of how great your going to feel !! Good luck, dear L 254/180/stuck at 153
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views