Journaling For Plastic Surgery

Donna Paige
on 3/29/05 5:04 am - Pottstown, PA
As I sit here and look at all this hanging skin on my body, I am trying to figure out the best way to keep up with the skin infections, rashes, etc... to show to the insurance company. Does anyone know what kind of criteria the photos etc... should be in. I have begun to take photos of the rashes stamped with the date on the photo but I'm not sure if this is enough. I found this one woman who had been on Dr. Bonanni's board (my surgeon) and I have never seen a worse case of hanging skin. She has had like two surgeries and still looks very loose. I'm actually afraid to lose more weight. Her stats are pretty much the same as mine. I mean I think shes great for putting it on her site to see her journey but it's terrifying in the same breath Here is her website for those who are interested in her struggle. www.picturetrail.com/carolineam 339/177-182 struggling
Dawn C.
on 3/29/05 5:36 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I think you have to contact your PCP and have it recorded by him/her. And if you need any type of over the counter ointment have that documented. You may want to call your surgeons office or the plastic surgeon that you may be using and ask what is generally needed. We had a plastic surgeon speak at our last support group meeting and he was very informative as to what each type of insurance required. I do think it is good that you are taking pictures but I think you need to get your pcp involved also. Good luck. Dawn
Dedicated
on 3/29/05 5:39 am - Eleva, WI
Wow. That took guts for her to share those pictures! She looks great though! I would agree that the best thing to do is go to the doc when you get a rash/yeast infection or whatever in the skin folds. That way you have documentation of issues and records of prescriptions. Also, ask them to photograph the site and keep it in your file, or provide your own photo for your file. I think using your profile here to do a written journal. Good luck.
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/05 6:39 am - South of Boston, MA
I've had her link in my favorites for a while. . . I keep referring back to it when I think I've had it with the skin issues. I have to remember that I have been lucky - in many ways. My biggest hurdle I think will be that I don't have *any* rashes or issues with the skin, other than some seriously BAD varicosities in my legs. I am attributing the veins to the belly flap, it's putting pressure on my legs veins. I plan on taking some good photos of the skin and my legs, I don't know if it will help in my case- though?! I see my surgeon next Tuesday - and the plastic consult is the 28th of April. I hope to hear some reassuring news! Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 144 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views