Angioplasty, perhaps a stomach stapling, in a breakfast sandwich!?

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/05 9:51 pm - South of Boston, MA
"Wake up to a mouthful of breakfast with the Enormous Omelet Sandwich. Two slices of melted, American cheese, two fluffy eggs stuffed with three crispy strips of bacon, and a sizzling sausage patty, piled high on a toasted bun. The Enormous Omelet Sandwich from B-RGER K-NG®. So big, breakfast will never be the same." Your arteries may never be the same, after eating this sandwich. While I don't blame anyone else for MY weight problems, having obviously unhealthy food marketed like this doesn't help anyone. Noone NEEDS this many calories or fat for a meal. What you eat is a choice - when you're an adult. I heard on TV that this sandwich is aimed at the 16-24 year old set. I am CERTAIN that if this had been available a couple of years ago, I would have tried it - at least once! I mean, I did have my share of breakfast sandwiches from both major fast food chains, and they did contribute a huge amount to my excess caloric intake. While I was pregnant, what did I "crave" - but deep fried breakfast potatoes & sausage breakfast sandwiches. Subsequently during three pregnancies, I gained 130 pounds. I'm not blaming anyone, but my children are at LEAST made up of 25% breakfast sandwiches. :-x Perhaps if you're trying to gain weight, or a unhealthy heart condition, this is for you? The stats: Size - 267 grams Calories - 730 Calories from FAT - 420 Total Fat- 47 grams Saturated Fat- 17 grams Trans Fat - 1 gram Cholesterol - 415 mg Sodium - 1860 mg Carbs - 43 grams Fiber - 3 grams Sugars - 9 grams Protein - 32 grams If you're post-operative gastric bypass, this sandwich contributes just about every calorie for an entire DAY, more than enough fat, way more than enough saturated fats, a huge amount of sodium, and barely enough protein for half a day. Why not just melt a half a stick of butter and drink it instead? Or, crack open a can of Crisco and take a few licks? Or, the equivalent of four donuts? Now, that should put lovely images in your head, you know how I like to use that special "food imagery". And, yes, I mean to offend, the people at www. bk. com should be put in obese-empathy suits and force fed sausage patties and rubber egg discs. -Melting Mama *
Dawn C.
on 3/28/05 10:23 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Sounds like a heart attach on a bun to me! Yuck! Isn't it amazing that now things like this sound totally repulsive to us. This would sound fabulous to my husband. He is a big eater, works construction but if he didn't he would probably weigh 300 lbs. Some days I can't even watch him eat because it makes me ill to see the amount of food he consumes. At least now what he consumes at home is healthy.
Just Janice
on 3/29/05 2:34 am - Houston, TX
..And to think...a year ago this would have been oh so yummy...yummy wnough, I prolly would have ordered 2 at a time..with a Diet Pepsi, of course.... Dawn, I know how ya feel about getting ill watching hubby eat..I do too at times. In fact..funny, but not to him...we went to a restaurant the other night. They are known for having chicken fried steak, as big as TX itself....Kerry ordered a small one...still as big as a dinner plate, with fried okra and mac and cheese...well, we got home, I get on the computer, when I hear him calling me... I go downstairs, and he is bright pink, sweating, nauseous...he asks me what dumping is...I laughed my butt off as he was cursing me and my "damn low fat crap" that I have been making. He has not had fried full fat things in almost a year! LMAO! HE DUMPED! LOL Poor baby...he thought only WLS people dumped...I guess not! He should have known it was not good for him! Hee hee Janice
Larakatya
on 3/29/05 7:05 pm - Twin Cities, MN
I know I shouldn't laugh at him. . .but that's hilarious! Umm. . .yeah, gall bladders can attack all . . .not just the post-operative WLS folk. . .and when you get too much fat in, BAD things happen. I often think that if satan showed up and offered me not to have to go through a dumping for my mortal soul.. . .I'd have some serious thinking to do Huggles, ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views